Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
im blown away with this combo! i cant believe it.. you guys try it. its so damn good!

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Thanks for the post. I've never heard of Full Force before but will definitely be downloading that tonight. Care to share some screen shots?

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I havent had time to look into it yet, but what is FullForce and Navigon? Why do you need both?

THanks.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
I havent had time to look into it yet, but what is FullForce and Navigon? Why do you need both?

THanks.

you better look at it :)
are you sick of the 2x mode and awful graphics? well, this is your answer!

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Did you have to pay for the navigon app? Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to jailbreaking. And from my understanding all apps are free?? Is this true?

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Did you have to pay for the navigon app? Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to jailbreaking. And from my understanding all apps are free?? Is this true?

You have got it all backwards, certain apps in Cydia are free, just as there are free apos in the AppStore. You still pay for commercial apps like these.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

You are getting app piracy/theft mixed up with jailbreaking.

Whilst jailbreaking does not necessitate app piracy/theft - there are many of legitimate reasons to Jailbreak far removed from shady activities.

However in order to avail of app piracy/theft it does necessitate jailbreaking and thats the reason why people think that they are always intertwined.

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Apps I have working perfectly with FullForce: Tweetie2, Byline, Reeder, ReadItLater, Stanza, Navigon, FaceBook, Beejive, Mint.com

billyzenme

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2009
they won't admit it, but jailbreaking is mostly about getting free apps. you get apps for free when other people have to pay top dollars to get it legally. once you jailbreak, you won't have to buy any apps anymore. More people who jailbreak are like that.

g8orballboy

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
they won't admit it, but jailbreaking is mostly about getting free apps. you get apps for free when other people have to pay top dollars to get it legally. once you jailbreak, you won't have to buy any apps anymore. More people who jailbreak are like that.

That is completely rediculous and a gross generalization. Thats like saying All Arab's are terrorists. Though i won't defend the fact that there are people out there who jailbreak to get hacked and free apps, many MANY who jailbreak... including myself.... jailbreak for the added functionality that apple should have originally put in their product. I still buy all my apps from the appstore and haven't downloaded one illegal or hacked app. I find jailbreaking a necessity simply for the ability to multitask. You also get a ton of customization options that wouldn't be available to you otherwise. But of the 4 people i know personally who have jailbroken iphones and/or ipads, NONE of them are involved in downloading hacked/free apps. I resent your comment completely!

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004

Not true at all.

I'd actually argue that the majority of people who jailbreak do so in order to unlock, or enable functionality Apple disabled.

I'm jailbroken, and unlocked. I've also, currently or in the past, used jailbreaking to:

A) Enable MMS on my original iPhone
B) Enable video recording on my iPhone 3G (Cycorder)
C) Enable me to save YouTube videos locally, since I only get EDGE on T-Mobile (MxTube)

I've never pirated an app. I don't get particularly high-and-mighty about the topic, but I think it's a gross generalization of jailbreakers when the majority of them are doing it to unlock or enable functionality.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill

Actually, you're wrong. Thieves steal. Most people are not thieves.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Just to clarify... I bought the navigon on my iPhone. So it was a legit.

I have the latest realeased and I'm seeing a bit of mismatch only when you are exiting on the highway. The lane assist.. the billboard stays and of course the lanes are zooming). But not really a big deal. It still awesome. I hope navigon will release the ipad version.

iPadThai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2010
You don't need to justify jack, my man. So what if you have a jb'ed device running a bootleg navigon. I have tomtom, navigon both running and ain't no way i will pay for expensive software unless I get to test them first.

And good job with this find - makes official navigon for ipad wait much easier!

Just to clarify... I bought the navigon on my iPhone. So it was a legit.

I have the latest realeased and I'm seeing a bit of mismatch only when you are exiting on the highway. The lane assist.. the billboard stays and of course the lanes are zooming). But not really a big deal. It still awesome. I hope navigon will release the ipad version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.