Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sasanshah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
please can any one help me ?

i have new Ipad 32GB 3G and i want to know how long should i put it in charge for the first time ?

spammerhamster

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
After you get it, play with it for 10+ hours till it's battery is out. Then it's time for you go to sleep, while you can charge your new love through the night.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
please can any one help me ?

i have new Ipad 32GB 3G and i want to know how long should i put it in charge for the first time ?

Just use it and enjoy. Mine 64gb 3G came fully charged but even if it did not it will not harm it to use it!

Relax and have fun!

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
After you get it, play with it for 10+ hours till it's battery is out. Then it's time for you go to sleep, while you can charge your new love through the night.

I have never had my iPad go below like 50% before it is time to go to bed (only use it at home in the evenings), and then I plug it in to charge. Should I be intentionally letting it run down lower before charging? I thought that the newer batteries did not suffer from the energy memory issue that older batteries had. Asking rather than stating a fact.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
About once a month you're going to want to take it down from 100% to 0% until it shuts off. Then give it an hour or so and recharge it up to 100% to keep the battery meter calibrated properly.

Ultimately, it's up to the owner how many times or how the iPad is charged :)

sasanshah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
bro ... one thing ... is there any booklet or ueser manual that i could read and know how to turn it on>?

cuz when it shows me itune CD and the wire

spammerhamster

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
I have never had my iPad go below like 50% before it is time to go to bed (only use it at home in the evenings), and then I plug it in to charge. Should I be intentionally letting it run down lower before charging? I thought that the newer batteries did not suffer from the energy memory issue that older batteries had. Asking rather than stating a fact.

You were able to put down your iPad on your first day? :confused::confused:

Nah, it's not needed to let it run down. According to apple's advice you ought to let it run down once a month or so.

You should refrain from charging too much though (as the battery's life is measured in total dis/recharge cycles.) If you only charge it every other night, you should easily have 2-3 years of optimum usage. That's when it's time for the 3rd gen iPad.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
spammerhamster said:
You were able to put down your iPad on your first day? :confused::confused:

Nah, it's not needed to let it run down. According to apple's advice you ought to let it run down once a month or so.

You should refrain from charging too much though (as the battery's life is measured in total dis/recharge cycles.) If you only charge it every other night, you should easily have 2-3 years of optimum usage. That's when it's time for the 3rd gen iPad.

Charge every day and it will still be strong for 2-3 years.

Charge Cycles3
A properly maintained iPad battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I really like how once the iPad no longer holds a charge you can just swap it out for a new one for $100. That's the best battery feature IMO :)

DKatri

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Birmingham, UK
I really like how once the iPad no longer holds a charge you can just swap it out for a new one for $100. That's the best battery feature IMO :)

Wonder how they will deal with this when the second gen comes out.
So if summer next year my battery is crapping out, could I still get a replacement even though there is a new gen?

ntlntl

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
there were some tips like

charge full cycles 3 times after arrival. Then you can do whatever you want, as long as there is always 1 full charge or deep charge a month

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.