Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scrapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Ive had my case for a couple weeks, and its very nice, except the part that holds the ipad in there. The little rubber holders are attached via glue to the velcro pads. Well, mine have been melting, thus glue on the back of my ipad.

Has this happened to anyone else?

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Ive had my case for a couple weeks, and its very nice, except the part that holds the ipad in there. The little rubber holders are attached via glue to the velcro pads. Well, mine have been melting, thus glue on the back of my ipad.

How hot does your iPad get in there? Do you use it while it's in the case, or do you take it out and just use the case for travelling?

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
It has been reported that early runs of this case used glue on the velcro of the bumpers. The current run sews the velcro on instead.

If you email hard candy customer service, they should send you some replacement feet free of charge.

phil75

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2010
It has been reported that early runs of this case used glue on the velcro of the bumpers. The current run sews the velcro on instead.

Yes, it is true. They've fixed the new cases.

Try contacting them about refund or return/exchange. Support at HardCandyCases dot com

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008

Yep, the instant I opened mine I found that the velcro slipped around on the feet. I contacted them immediately and they replaced them within a few days with no problems. I still have the old feet, and I've been checking them to see if the glue ever dried - it didn't, amazingly. It's been over a month and it's still liquid. Great case, highly recommended if protection is what you're looking for, but I'm not using it anymore as I've switched to a Skooba messenger bag to carry more stuff at once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.