Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 20, 2010, 07:29 AM   #1
theomiz3
macrumors newbie

Poor adapter or operating system problem?

I have a MacBook 2,1 with Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 running on it. I purchased a Mini-dvi to HDMI adapter to connect the display to my TV -- but no luck. (i know i wouldn't get sound anyway, so i also have the audio cables needed, but i didn't even get to that b/c I can't get picture!) I get an "unusable signal message."

Now, what I have already tried:

1) I've gone to the display menu in system preferences and tried to get it to "detect settings" but it didn't work

2) i even searched my mac for the "arrangements" tab i would see HAD my mac detected the other "monitor/tv,"

3) I've also tried all variations of putting the mac to sleep, then connecting, awaking it, restarting, shutting off the tv, etc, etc

What I want to know is: did i just get a junk mini-dvi -> hdmi adapter OR is my current operating system not able to do this? The only firmware update i could find requires OS X 10.5 or later, which, obviously I don't have, HELP

Thanks in advance. And I did search before I posted this (hopefully I was thorough enough. If not, point me in the right direction and give me a lashing)
theomiz3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater