Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old May 21, 2010, 04:56 AM   #1
nicksoper
macrumors member

Close inactive network connections automatically

Hey,

Quick question. On a mac is there any way to close inactive network connections automatically?

I am working in an ad agency and what's happening is when mac people (like me) connect to the shared server, and forget to manually eject the server through the finder, the server ends up hitting it's max number of connections and not letting any new active connections join.

Any tips/hints/apps or checkboxes would be greatly appreciated :-)
Old May 21, 2010, 05:17 AM   #2
DoFoT9
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to DoFoT9 Send a message via MSN to DoFoT9 Send a message via Skype™ to DoFoT9
not as far as i know

you would have to talk to the server guys, they can up the max number of connections or the connection period.
DoFoT9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking