Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 21, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Naethyn
macrumors regular

Charging Issue (iPhone 3G, 3.1.2, Jailbroken)

This is the Problem I am having!

My iPhone will tell me that it is plugged in, but not charging and the way I can tell is when the battery icon has a Plug shape in it, it is plugged in but not charging, however when the phone is plugged in and shows the lightning bolt it is charging. No matter what I do, wall charger, or anything, it just doesnt charge.

I have found a temporary fix but this becomes a hassel at night, when my iDevice is in safe mood (via SBSettings) it will run perfectly and charge. Why is this happening.

Last edited by Naethyn; May 21, 2010 at 08:15 AM.
Naethyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Naethyn
macrumors regular

Please help, this continues to bug me.

Problem Update:
It works in my car charger and kind of works with with my wall charger not in safe mode if I use just the cable and no extension usb cable. However, I was told that my wall charger was for iTouches not iPhones but I assumed that was for the cable that came with it not an Apple cable.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:42 AM   #3
gouda272
macrumors regular

If i remember right, I think that happened to me as well. I tried using a USB extension cable and it didn't work either.
gouda272 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 08:45 AM   #4
Naethyn
macrumors regular

That doesnt seem to be the problem, my wall charger is compatible with the iPhone 2G not the 3G or 3GS, however my computer will charge it with the USB extension cable because I recently found out that that is the USB 2.0 Port, I am going to buy a USB 2.0 port for the current 1.1s but my phone has been on the worst charge for ever, I usually charge it at school but then it ends up just saying that it is plugged in, I wish their was a better fix for this! ARG,
Old May 21, 2010, 08:52 AM   #5
Naethyn
macrumors regular

According to a thread I just read, the charging problems lies with the iPhone and iPod, and other iDevices not recognizing the fact that you are plugged into a computer or wall socket because they do not run the correct software, mainly USB 2.0, USB is a problem with my computer as I always get those "USB NOT RECOGNIZED" messages, and I just rewire my computer so the the phone is in the adapter and the network adapter is hardwired, but that doesnt matter.

I believe this should be closed, I figured it out.

Solution: Get a wall charger from Apple, or a third party one that is compatible with your iDevice.

Solution via Computer: Make sure your plugged into a USB 2.0 Jack

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks