Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMac4Ever56

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
The Big Apple
Hello My Name is Byron & I Have a 2009 24inch Apple iMac Computer & I Am Looking to Buy a Game Controller for My 24inch Apple iMac Computer Cause I Want to Play Games like PacMan & Tetris on My 24inch Apple iMac Computer & I Wanted to know What Kind of Game Controller I Should Buy for My Computer, Whats The Best Game Controller that Will Work for all Apple Mac Games in The Apple Store & on Apple.com Games & I Also Want it to Work for PacMan & Tetris Games cause thats What i'll be Playing More even Online, Please Let Me know What Game Controller i Need? :confused:

Thank You

From Your MacRumor Internet Friend

Byron :) :apple:

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Well I don't know about pacman or tetris, but I use a USB XBox 360 controller to play my games (lego star wars etc) - works great and is comfy to use.

I haven't found anything it does not work with...

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Well I don't know about pacman or tetris, but I use a USB XBox 360 controller to play my games (lego star wars etc) - works great and is comfy to use.

I haven't found anything it does not work with...

I have the wireless 360 controllers but I didn't they worked under OS X. Do they have official drivers from Microsoft? Or are you using 3rd party drivers?

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
If they are designed to work on a PC (ie not the ones that came with your xbox) then they will work on the mac - cant remember where I found the driver (as I had lost the CD that came with mine).

robj

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
Madrid, Spain
You dont need any driver to use the PS3 controller.

Just plug it using the USB connection the first time, and then you can use it over BT.

You need to do this because the controller is synced with your playstation, so it is the best way to sync up with your mac. You'll need to plug it via USB to your PS3 if you want to use it with the videoconsole again.

I use it to play MAME videogames and it works very nice! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.