Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxthemonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Does anyone have any experience with running the Orange Box on a macbook with the same specs as in my sig? I have windows 7 running on it, and bought the Orange Box through steam for my Imac (also with 7), but dont want to bother downloading it all just for it not to work on my macbook.
Thanks,
Max

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
What graphics card does your Macbook have? That's all it needs since all modern macs have good enough processors for The Orange Box.

You do know that you shouldn't have bought the game if you're unsure it works. Steam would not offer a refund for that.

maxthemonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
On System profiler it gives me this:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Not sure which bit is the important one.

You do know that you shouldn't have bought the game if you're unsure it works. Steam would not offer a refund for that.

I know it runs fine on my iMac, i was just wondering if it would on my Macbook as well...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Ah I see!
The GMA950 will be very problematic. I know it's possible TO play TF2 on it at least, there was a thread (sorry, don't have the link anymore) on the Steam forums with loads of packs and tips to get the game working on pretty much any computer. It involved a low-polygon model pack, very low quality textures, no-phong shading textures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.