Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 22, 2010, 04:35 PM   #1
albo23
macrumors newbie

Is it possible to get MMS without a data plan on your iPhone?

Is there anyway I can get Picture messaging on my iPhone without have a data plan with T-Mobile?

I have tried so many different combinations with settings I find on the internet; I've come to the conclusion that either, I'm an idiot, or you can't receive/send MMS without a data plan.
albo23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 06:32 PM   #2
iPhone3Gusr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albo23 View Post
Is there anyway I can get Picture messaging on my iPhone without have a data plan with T-Mobile?

I have tried so many different combinations with settings I find on the internet; I've come to the conclusion that either, I'm an idiot, or you can't receive/send MMS without a data plan.
Not sure with T-Mobile but from what I have seen and heard is that the data plan is required to receive or send any type of multimedia message.
Old May 23, 2010, 09:34 AM   #3
atmc
macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; pt-pt) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I guess it's possible since MMS uses a specific access point. Try to contact your operator and ask them to give you the access point settings.

I tried to switch off mobile data with unlockit tool (http://www.unlockit.co.nz/) and I successfully sent and received a MMS with Vodafone Portugal.
atmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 09:47 AM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by albo23 View Post

No.
MMS uses carrier data.
If you have it blocked or dont have it the MMS wont go thru. It dont work thru wifi.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting