Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 22, 2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Glenn.955
macrumors member

AVI files contain Protection and won't play on ATV when converted to M4P

Hi - Lately some the the videos I have acquired that work with VLC won't play in iTunes or on the ATV. I suspect it is due to the copy protection still existing in the file. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this from the AVI so I can convert and play on ATV?

Thanks

Glenn.
Glenn.955 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 07:58 PM   #2
appleguy123
macrumors 603

What are you using to convert the files?
Old May 22, 2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Glenn.955
macrumors member

Using Handbrake.

But... I just ran across a thread that mentions that MetaX has a habit of corruption.

Just tried on one of the freshly converted files and it worked in iTunes - then let MetaX do its work and no longer plays... Previously I ran MetaX over all the files.

Not sure if this is my only problem or if the initial question might still apply. I might convert the files again and see what happens.
Glenn.955 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater