Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gimmi80

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Hi all,

Two days ago I sold to a friend of mine my MBA (hoping the new one will come out next week). I was not sure of what I was doing but I did it anyway.
That night I had a light dinner and I went to sleep.
In the middle of my sleep I started dreaming about the new design of the macbook air. It's not just a RAM and nvidia bump. What's going to happen in the new generation is exciting, it's a revolution, at least in my dream.

I think my brain made a soup of all the rumors and opinion I read in the last 3-4 weeks. Plus that night, just before going to sleep I met a friend that was holding his pc laptop, it's one of this thick horrible HP with a nice swiveling touch screen (with win xp).

Well, in my dream the new air was only the nice screen. It was an ultra-ultra portable, just 13'' of fabulous glass screen, no keyboard and a beautiful aluminum back.This is tapered as the actual MBA but more accentuate, and keeps the glass screen at a slight higher angle that the actual MBA (and angle similar to the one of the aluminum wireless keyboard). The line angle (profile) has a rectangular section, similar to the new iphone, but tends to taper and become rounded in the area where the wrists rest.

No glass trackpad, it's all a trackpad (touch screen with momentum). On one side: one usb, mini dp and magsafe. That's it.

Basically a sort of big iPad running OS X.

The dream of every podium speaker, writer, reader, traveler, dreamer.

This would change the way you think at a laptop, now it is at 90°, in my mind the future is at 30°. Worked great for the ipad.

Eventually I woke up and I thought it wasn't possible to make something like this, but after a visit to ifixit and a carefull inspection of the photos of the ipad and mba i'm sure it's possible.

Don't kill me it was just a dream!

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009
50 pictures of lolcats (the accepted currency of the Internet) say that Steve Jobs reads this and does it within 18 months.

acurafan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
did this dream include Google introducing their OS and hardware with included Gmail/Google Docs branding?? hahaha.

that's what it will take to see a full-blown Mac OSX tablet, otherwise jobs will continue to push further their app store and 'magical and revolutionary' toys at an unbelievable over-price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.