Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acrahm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
I have my ATV set up with itunes and want to be able to stream content from itunes to ATV. This works great when i first start up itunes but then in 30min-1h2r, the streaming is gone and i can only access stuff that is in the ATV. I have a feeling this is because of when the computer my itunes is on goes to sleep. How can i change this?

munkees

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
I have my ATV set up with itunes and want to be able to stream content from itunes to ATV. This works great when i first start up itunes but then in 30min-1h2r, the streaming is gone and i can only access stuff that is in the ATV. I have a feeling this is because of when the computer my itunes is on goes to sleep. How can i change this?

on you mac make sure that ipV6 in the network setting is not on or enabled.

acrahm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
i found the setting under TCP/IP so for configure IPv4, should it be "using DHCP"?
and for configure IPv6, should it be automatically?

thats what i have right now

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Make sure the appropriate settings allow traffic through your firewall(s) and yes.. turn ipv6 off.

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
...I have a feeling this is because of when the computer my itunes is on goes to sleep. How can i change this?
If you have a recent model Mac running Show Leopard you can enable a wake on network access feature under System Preferences -> Energy Saver. Here is a link to the Apple Knowledge Base that describes this feature (and which will allow you to determine whether your model of Mac supports it):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3774

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.