Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
My Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector arrived today and I was able to install it to my new 3G and compare it with the Steinheil SGP Anti-fingerprint protector installed in my iPad Wifi. Here are the pics:

Steinheil SGP AF:

Power Support Anti-Glare:

Steinheil SGP AF:

Power Support Anti-Glare:

In my own humble opinion, the PS definitely wins over the SGP. Pictures and text are more vivid. No more "smudging" effect. Pixels could be clearly seen on the PS.

Powersupport = screen clarity + Anti-glare + anti-finger print without the blurriness.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
The second of each image (Power Support Anti-Glare) is more clear to me from my view. How is it with the touch or maybe even a Pogo touch. Does the screen respond well?

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
The second of each image (Power Support Anti-Glare) is more clear to me from my view. How is it with the touch or maybe even a Pogo touch. Does the screen respond well?

I have no experience using a Pogo touch. I have noticed any decrease in the sensitivity of the touchscreen while using my fingers in terms of point discrimination.

d00m42

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
Miami, FL
Damn... I ordered an SGP off of eBay a few weeks ago before seeing any comparisons. I thought that SGP was top of the line. On the bright side (kinda), the original screen protector was "lost in the mail" according to the eBay seller, and he refunded me $10 and is sending another one. I guess at the very worst, I can take off the SGP, and order a Powersupport one, and I only lost $10 on the SGP instead of the original $20.

Somehow I feel that it won't be that bad, but it just comes down to text. If the text is still very readable in iBooks, I don't need to switch.

g8orballboy

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
I just recieved the SGP AF last week and i've been really enjoying it. The tradeoff on clarity is totally worth the feel of screen and the total lack of glare and fingerprints. Unfortunately, if i had read this thread 3 weeks ago, i would have ordered the PS instead (too late now). I was wondering though, since you have both. The clarity is obviously MUCH better on the PS than the SGP, but how does the feel, the glare and fingerprints compare between the two? Does the SGP do a better job or are they the same... making the PS a clear winner in all categories?

Am I going to have to spend another 30 bucks? ERG!! :mad:

Welovelegend

macrumors member
May 4, 2010
I also say PS is very good. It is very easy to apply as well, of course you have to know what are you doing at first place... :D

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
I just recieved the SGP AF last week and i've been really enjoying it. The tradeoff on clarity is totally worth the feel of screen and the total lack of glare and fingerprints. Unfortunately, if i had read this thread 3 weeks ago, i would have ordered the PS instead (too late now). I was wondering though, since you have both. The clarity is obviously MUCH better on the PS than the SGP, but how does the feel, the glare and fingerprints compare between the two? Does the SGP do a better job or are they the same... making the PS a clear winner in all categories?

Am I going to have to spend another 30 bucks? ERG!! :mad:

The PS has the same anti-glare and anti-fingerprint characteristics as that of the SGP, making the PS a clear winner without a doubt.

SMacDuff

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
I agree with everyone else here that the PowerSupport films offer greater clarity than the SGP AF films. However, all the comparisons I have seen only compare the clarity between both sets of films and don't address the anti-fingerprint element. I would love someone to post pics showing how both films handle fingerprints under normal or high use. After all, isn't the anti-fingerprint element the whole reason for buying either of these over Bodyguardz or IS?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I agree with everyone else here that the PowerSupport films offer greater clarity than the SGP AF films. However, all the comparisons I have seen only compare the clarity between both sets of films and don't address the anti-fingerprint element. I would love someone to post pics showing how both films handle fingerprints under normal or high use. After all, isn't the anti-fingerprint element the whole reason for buying either of these over Bodyguardz or IS?

I'm pretty sure PS don't advertise their screen protectors to be anti-fingerprint. However, they actually do a good job with fingerprints. I have much less fingerprints with the PS on.

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Although keep in mind with the SGP you get full body protection. Front, back, and sides.. I cant make up my mind which to get..

eduarcor

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2010
Excelent comparisson!
But now there is a new SGP Ultra Fine with no rainbow effect (don't say reduced rainbow, say no rainbow at all).
Should be great if it's improve the Powersupport (maybe now is better SGP).

Could someone take a look on it?

Cheers!!

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Confused, Power Support antiglare 'for ipad2' is not on the site yet.
I do have it on my iPad1. Can I remove it and reinstall it on my iPad2?
I was never clear on if these could be reused. I have the PS antiglare on my iPad1. Worked great, less fingerprints and more useable in the sun,

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Confused, Power Support antiglare 'for ipad2' is not on the site yet.
I do have it on my iPad1. Can I remove it and reinstall it on my iPad2?
I was never clear on if these could be reused. I have the PS antiglare on my iPad1. Worked great, less fingerprints and more useable in the sun,

You can remove and reinstall

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
The PS has the same anti-glare and anti-fingerprint characteristics as that of the SGP, making the PS a clear winner without a doubt.

In my experience, the SGP is actually better at fingerprint reduction than the PowerSupport films. My husband has a PS and I have an SGP. There is definitely a difference. His is more oily / smudgy than mine (he has the HD anti-glare).

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
You can remove and reinstall
thanks I did, it fit fine on the ipad2. I must have gotten finger oil on edges of the film cause a few small edge areas don't stick. Can you wash the film to get oils off and reapply?

Definitely better than spending another $40 shipped for a new PS film. I realize I really like the feel of the screen naked but the film makes it more viewable outside for sure.

King Luis

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
so the clarity on PS is better than SGP...but what about smoothness and feeling of the screen??? how about thickness and protection?

i hated the feeling of zagg's but love the feeling of SGP. it's smoother and feels like glass almost.

jane43

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
Some have suggested that the glass screens of iPhones and iPod touches don't need protection. Having seen scratched and chipped screens, neither a pleasant sight, we seriously disagree. And apparently, so do millions of users of these devices; sales of packages containing nothing but screen protectors have been tremendous, and the best of them remain options from Japan's Power Support: the Anti-Glare Film Set ($15) and Crystal Film Set ($15) for iPhone 3G. Both come in packages of two, and each can be washed off and reapplied if you screw up the first time. As always, a credit card can be Hillhurst Sunnyside as a squeegee to help remove the few air bubbles that may appear underneath the static cling surface.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.