Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old May 23, 2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Macman1993
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Macman1993 Send a message via MSN to Macman1993 Send a message via Yahoo to Macman1993
Iframe not working as expected on ipad.

I'm having some issues with iframes on my site clm51193.com when viewed on an ipad. The two finger scrolling in an iframe does not work which is a huge problem as I just wrote my entire site off the assumption that this would work. I've seen scrolling work on iframes in other sites but it wont work for me. I'm trying to use two iframes for watching movies (personal use only this will be locked down once I finish work on it I have disabled any copyrighted files for now) basically one loads file links on the left iframe and the links change the video playing in the right iframe.

Also for some reason the back button I have that tells the frame to go back one page in its history makes the entire page go back, it works on my mac but not on my ipad, not as pressing as I can regenerate links relative to the current link with some php but I would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 05:42 AM   #2
marcofal
macrumors newbie

same problem

I found this link that can help figuring out the problem but it does not give a solution.

http://www.webmanwalking.org/library..._document.html
marcofal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 08:19 AM   #3
UTclassof89
macrumors 6502

Enjoy your "full web", and "open standards"
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:39 PM   #4
ChoPraTs
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman1993 View Post
I'm having some issues with iframes on my site clm51193.com when viewed on an ipad. The two finger scrolling in an iframe does not work which is a huge problem as I just wrote my entire site off the assumption that this would work. I've seen scrolling work on iframes in other sites but it wont work for me. I'm trying to use two iframes for watching movies (personal use only this will be locked down once I finish work on it I have disabled any copyrighted files for now) basically one loads file links on the left iframe and the links change the video playing in the right iframe.

Also for some reason the back button I have that tells the frame to go back one page in its history makes the entire page go back, it works on my mac but not on my ipad, not as pressing as I can regenerate links relative to the current link with some php but I would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance.
Have you solved this problem? I'm adding iFrames on my website too, but there's a problem when I try to view it on iPhone and scroll them.

What can I do?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development