Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I know the video is at least a little tongue-in-cheek... but how about if someone came up with some type of velcro-skin for the iPad along with matching mounts?
I really should give 'Dragons Den' a call :D

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Hey dragons,

I have a brilliant idea to put velcros on iPads. I'm asking for £50K to start the business of velcro iPad skins in exchange for 25% of the company.

Thank you for your time and I'm happy to take any questions you may have.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I want to see the video where he tries to peel the velcro off his wall and car and yells expletives at the damage wrought. Maybe a cute video but not something I would, as they say, try at home. Genius? Not so much.

Hey dragons,

I have a brilliant idea to put velcros on iPads. I'm asking for £50K to start the business of velcro iPad skins in exchange for 25% of the company.

Curious how you arrived at that valuation for a non-existent business w/ no guaranteed orders.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
I thought it was pretty cool :)

(and to take off the car interior - a little surgical spirit (and use hairdryer == no marks)) - from experience ;)

AndyfromTucson

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2010
I can't help but think of the power supply I attached to a vertical surface using velcro. The Velcro stuck together just great, but the adhesive backing of the Velcro failed after a day.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Lol, I could never fall asleep with iPad velcroed (sp?) to the ceiling directly above me. 1.5lbs isn't heavy, but just imagine getting hit in the head or the junk with it while sleeping. What a wake up call.. way too scary for me :(

Aydin

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
The video is full of win. They could also call it "How not to use an iPad":

1. on the ceiling
2. on top of a hot oven
3. on a motorcycle
4. as a $500+ photo frame

:D

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Except it wasn't funny. :rolleyes:

If it was a stab at satire or parody there was no reference point. Sorry. Fail.

This is kinda funny though... funny looking!:

thumbnail_8.jpg

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Um... Dragon's Den?

Uh. OK. I had ZERO idea what Dragon's Den was so I had to Google it to discover it is a BBC program. So there you go. That is why I didn't find it humorous... I had no concept of the show, therefore no reference point. Taa daa.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Can't get it to play???.

What am I doing wrong?

I have switched my browser Id back to iPad...but nothing plays. It just shows the title screen then black when the video plays. I have tried several browsers.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Hey dragons,

how about i steal the idea anyway, you can buy one 10% off for giving me the idea.

thanks

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
iPad + Velcro = ♥

He has some serious balls taking it on the motorbike!

p.s. can you embed videos on MR?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.