Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gardiner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2004
I'm really at my wits end with this font system!
Does anyone know why parts of font families are greyed out, so unable to install into suitcase or even font book.
Aslo some fonts that appear to be fine having been through font doctor, will load into Quark however when a PDF is created, damaged fonts appar.
I've tried to sort my font to ensure no duplicates are on the system by using font doctor, I have aslo ensured the system font folder is clean. The fonts I am using are from bitstream.
I'm lost!! can anyone help?
Andrea.

mws

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2004
I'm having some problems with fonts in OS 10.3.3, and our tech suport guy said that the fonts we use have gotten corrupted. We have a folder on our server of all our fonts; then when we want to use them we drag them into our font folder on our hard drive.

He said that font files are like little executable files--they're not static objects like an image file. They're similar to little program files. From frequent use, some of ours have gotten corrupt. He suggested that we take the entire fonts folder off our server and take the original version of the fonts (we have them stored on CD in our archives) and put these on the server.

I don't know if that would help with your problem, but if your fonts are corrupt, you may need to replace them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.