Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 28, 2010, 03:01 AM   #1
Foxile
macrumors regular

Opening password protected Excel files in Numbers 08

Is there a way to do this ? When I try to open any file that is password protected, I get an error that the file 'in an incompatible format' ( if memory serves, I'm away from my Mac right now ).

I can open it fine in NeoOffice, but it never works in Number '08. I'd consider going to iWork '09 if the problem has been addressed there.

TIA
Foxile is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2010, 03:09 AM   #2
pineapplepie
macrumors newbie

Couldn't you open it in Neo Office & save it as a format without a password so you can open it in Numbers. As for the bug being fixed I don't know ask at your local Apple store.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Foxile
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapplepie View Post
Couldn't you open it in Neo Office & save it as a format without a password so you can open it in Numbers. As for the bug being fixed I don't know ask at your local Apple store.
The file is changed by my boss on a weekly basis ( and he only uses Excel and password protects it each time ), so I need to be able to open in Numbers.
Foxile is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store