Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Alright this is weird. QE is supposed to take advantage of AGP 2x and a 16MB Graphics Card, and that what I have. MacOSRumors says it takes advantage too, but I am about 99.9 percent sure its not workign on my computer.

First, I don't have a shadow around my mouse.

Second, I performed the thing on MOSR about opening CPU Monitor, and moving around a window really quickly. I was using about 80percent of my CPU, while it says their Powerbook 667 was using about 5-10percent.

So, what is going on here?

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Damnit

Thanks for clearing that up though.

And another thing...

I saw in a few movies, that people would minimize a window, then drag it out of the dock and set it somewhere, and it would float there!
I try to do that, by minimizing, and then pulling it out and trying to set it somewhere, and it just sucks back to the dock..

How do i do that?

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
that also baffled me. i tried it on 6c98 at the apple store. it didn't work. i really hope they didnt take it out. it was a feature i was looking forward to.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Check Finder preferences for that. I don't have it available at the moment, so I can't check it now.

Also, the 16MB video cards are the Radeon Mobility in the laptop machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.