Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jzeddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Based upon the great advice and comments on this forum, I recently purchased and installed the Power Support AG film on my iPad. At first, I tried using my iPad naked to take full advantage of the great screen, but then realized that I had difficulting watching videos during my long train commute due to the glare.

As luck would have it (and I do mean luck), my installation of the AG film went without a hitch, and it looks great, no bubbles or dust particles. But, now, the rainbowing effect of the AG film has really becoming distracting whenever I try to read iBooks or surf the web. (So much so that I have considered going back to my Kindle for books.)

So now, I am considering taking the film off for good. But, before I do, I was wondering how people liked the Power Support Crystal film. The AG is so good at reducing fiingerprints. Does the Crystal film do likewise? Also, does the Crystal film reduce glare at all (obviously, not as much as the AG)? I am wondering whether for me the Crystal film would be the best compromise that will allow me to enjoy the great screen while also provide some glare reduction.

BTW, when I talk to my friends about this, they all roll their eyes and think that I am insane and obsessive. I know that you all would understand. :)

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.