Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charlie017

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
In a small art shop today I stumbled upon this little beauty. A simple wooden art easel designed for A4 paper, only £1.99 too. I love it, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    536.6 KB · Views: 381
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    574.7 KB · Views: 234
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    554.8 KB · Views: 218
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    505.2 KB · Views: 219
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    527.4 KB · Views: 208

Charlie017

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
that one is awesome dude! Imagine the possibilities if you had 2 iPads and one of those things :p

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
Not affiliated at all, just wanted to bring up something that had some interest a couple months back that seems to have been forgotten on these forums (probably as its still in prerelease)

http://www.jadu-industries.com/iPad-Accessories/iPad-Stand.html

This was the one I was going to get before I decided on a combo folio-stand. They changed it in a few ways since it was first announced, most significantly you can now use it in portrait while plugged in. It's a little pricey, but as an engineer myself I can dig that it appears well engineered. The typing angle seems a bit extreme though, I would wait for reviews to roll in.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Not affiliated at all, just wanted to bring up something that had some interest a couple months back that seems to have been forgotten on these forums (probably as its still in prerelease)

http://www.jadu-industries.com/iPad-Accessories/iPad-Stand.html

This was the one I was going to get before I decided on a combo folio-stand. They changed it in a few ways since it was first announced, most significantly you can now use it in portrait while plugged in. It's a little pricey, but as an engineer myself I can dig that it appears well engineered. The typing angle seems a bit extreme though, I would wait for reviews to roll in.

For $60 I don't think anyone forgot, just stopped thinking about it. ;) The stands posted here and the office depot stand all come in at less than $5.

I myself went with a more modern look & portability...

photo-4-1.jpg
photo-5-1.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg
photo-3-2.jpg

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
The stands posted here and the office depot stand all come in at less than $5.

Well there's also the Joule shown in this thread, which is $129. That said like with anything, you can buy a $5 sleeve, or a $50 sleeve, $20 case, or a $200 one, etc. The title of this thread is "The coolest iPad stand?" IMO it blows everything in this thread out of the water by a mile.

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Well there's also the Joule shown in this thread, which is $129. That said like with anything, you can buy a $5 sleeve, or a $50 sleeve, $20 case, or a $200 one, etc. The title of this thread is "The coolest iPad stand?" IMO it blows everything in this thread out of the water by a mile.

Agreed - that's a cool stand - perhaps the coolest I have seen. It's more than I would pay for a stand but not unreasonable given it's functionality & looks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.