Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gameaholic

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
Hey guys,

What is the best way/product/method to wipe the iPad screen with, leaving both the smudges and fingerprints off? I try using the cloth that comes with the iPod touch but it doesn't seem to work too well. While the fingerprints are gone, there are still smudges on the iPad screen that I just can't get rid of. Thanks*

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
How to wipe:

Reach around and behind your butt, and lean onto the opposing cheek. Wipe front to back!

Maybe this will help: http://www.howtowipeyourbutt.com/

....apologies in adavance for those that are offended or don't appreciate my occasionally childish sense of humor.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I use a micro fibre cloth that came with a pair of glasses and wipe it in circulars motions. Comes off really quickly and easily (and I have proper greasy little mitts).

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
I've been using the cloth I had with an earlier version of the iPhone and it's been working OK. Some smudges are more difficult to clean than others but it does get them all off for me.

iNickk

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
I think that provided you dont use any window cleaner solution, you'll be fine. I'm using the cloth that came with my tv and it works well.

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
I used a microfibre cloth, this came free with the screen protector I bought and this really does keep the fingerprints off. Makes a big difference.

monk fish

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2009
Using the cloth that came with my samsung Telly.nice and big and the best micro fibre I have come across so far.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
I use a 5 week old kitten on my iPhone, they are small enough to keep in your pocket and only occasionally need feeding.

RexySF

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Miami, FL
I use a wet microfiber followed by a dry one. This helps to get off stubborn marks with out the need to apply a lot of pressure.

1969cj5

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2008
My shirt, the corner of my couch, a damp bath towel, some spit and a paper towel / toilet paper. Anything. Nothing has harmed it yet

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
Eye glass cleaning solution from costco and old cotten cloth clean my ipad with invisi shield perfectly, free refils at costco for solution

Bozola

macrumors regular
I really like these wipes from Griot's

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+drying/twelve+micro+fiber+wipe+down+towels.do

A bit more $, but very much worth it.

Saskamac

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
I got some microfibre cleaning cloths from the dollar store yesterday. Sparkle is the brand name and there is two 12"x12" cloths to a package for $1.50, They work extremely well.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
I use the cloth I got with my MacBook Pro. Works a treat, but I'm sure you can get one cheaper stand-alone. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.