Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tommcbride

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Hi Gang,
I have a Mac Mini Version 10.5.8 / Processor 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo
connected to my 52" Plasma Panasonic Television.

It seems that my signal from my Wifi "goes in and out" like it does not have a solid connection or "cycles"
In other words, I will be able to browse the internet with relative ease and speed one moment and have trouble connecting the next.

Is there anyone that has had this problem? Or know of any remedies?

Certianly would be appreciated.
When it is working, its cool! ;)

replys can be sent here or to tomgmcbride@ yahoo

Thanks again for a great forum.

Tom

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
I have the newer mini and was having a ton of problems with my wifi as well. I did a lot of research (including spending a good 45 on the phone with applecare) and from what I've discovered, you can't leave the mini too close to the TV. I set mine up right behind my 46 inch sony bravia, and wifi reception was terrible. I moved it a good 3 feet away, but it was better, but still very inconsistent. I basically ended up buying and airport express, putting that about 6 feet from my TV and media components, turning off the wifi on the mini and hooking it up to the airport express with an ethernet cable.

One thing i would suggest is downloading the free program called "istumbler". It will tell you on the fly what your wifi signal strength is and the best place to put your mini for the best reception.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.