Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWannaBeAdored

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Scotland
Hey.

I am going on a history trip to Belgium/France. We are visiting the trenches and and museums etc. On the last day we are going to Brugge for a day to shop and bring stuff home. I was hoping to buy an Apple Dock to bring home. Is there an Apple Store in Brugge? Do you think, even if there isn't, there will be a place to buy an Apple Dock?

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I have visited Brugge a few times. There is no Apple store there, and I'm not sure you will find one close enough to get to, but I do have to say, Brugge is one of the most beautiful medieval cities I've been to. You will have a great time! Local chocolate is a must, and if try the Kriek!

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
As far as I know the iPad isn't even released in Belgium (or Holland :mad:), just France and Germany are the closest to you there.

flanger

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
As a Belgian, I can say that there is little to no chance that you will find an Apple Dock here (the Belgium launch is scheduled for July).

There is an Apple Premium Reseller in Kortrijk (Lab9, 30 KM from Brugge) and Gent (Switch Shop, 40 KM), but as far as I know they don't have any stock of anything iPad related (excluding some third-party covers).

A better bet would be to check out the stores in France. The Fnac store in Lille (60 - 80 KM from Brugge) has an offical in-store Apple Shop (which means it is officially of Apple and there is an employee of Apple in it). There is also a Premium Reseller in Dunkerque (O2i). BUT the last time I checked (at the launch of 28 may, there are no accesoires available yet (and also no iPads now :) ).

Personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up on retrieving a dock. I would take a look at the eBay-route (official or third-party docks).

Also, try to avoid the obvious beers like Kriek (more of a woman-beer btw :D ), try a Brugse Zot instead (blonde beer).

iWannaBeAdored

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Scotland
Damn. That's a bit gutting anyway. Oh well, I'll just save money for bringing back and buy a dock.

Thanks for the beer comments lol but it is a school trip and even though I am 16 like others we can't drink because we signed some little sheet saying we wouldn't for safety ha.

I'm afraid I won't have the chance to go anywhere else than Brugge. I didn't know it hadn't been released in Belgium yet. It's a bit of a shock considering it has been released everywhere,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.