Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

$MacUser$

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Los Angeles
Have been looking for an iPad case...found this one on Amazon with good reviews:

DMS Leather iPad Case

Does anyone have experience with this one? If not, is there a good case out there that has the prop/typing angle function, and is also highly recommended?

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
I bought it when it was $20 so I'd have something to use until I receive the Noreve case, plus it has the added feature of strapping to the car headrest for my kids.

1) The faux leather is pretty low quality, not sure how long it'll hold up.
2) It does have a chemical odor at first which quickly dissipates.
3) The various stand positions work surprisingly well & sturdy
4) I don't like how it's strapped in but all controls are accessible.
5) All outer edges of the iPad are exposed.
6) The 2 corner straps overlap the corner of the screen slightly. :(
7) The elastic band feels like it would stretch out when strapped to the car headrest after a little while.

I can post some pictures if interested. All in all, it's probably worth $20-$25 at most and it beats setting the iPad down naked but it has a pretty cheap appearance. I was hoping a skin such as the case-mate might be thin enough to fit inside this case to protect the edges of the iPad but the fit is too tight.

$MacUser$

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Los Angeles
I bought it when it was $20 so I'd have something to use until I receive the Noreve case, plus it has the added feature of strapping to the car headrest for my kids.

1) The faux leather is pretty low quality, not sure how long it'll hold up.
2) It does have a chemical odor at first which quickly dissipates.
3) The various stand positions work surprisingly well & sturdy
4) I don't like how it's strapped in but all controls are accessible.
5) All outer edges of the iPad have exposed are exposed.
6) The 2 corner straps overlap the corner of the screen slightly. :(
7) The elastic band feels like it would stretch out when strapped to the car headrest after a little while.

I can post some pictures if interested. All in all, it's probably worth $20-$25 at most and it beats setting the iPad down naked but it has a pretty cheap appearance.

Hmm, interesting. I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and grab one of the Yoobau ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.