Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Quantumreh
macrumors newbie

Stupid Zoosk, Stupid me!

I was sadly needing some attention after a break-up and downloaded zoosk messenger to my iMac while goofing around on facebook. I realized very quickly I did not like anything that site had to offer me. I was able to delete the app from facebook, but not the messenger from my applications. It says I do not have permission to access all the files. I dont know where they may be hiding. How do I get this stupid mistake to stop staring me in my face every time I open up my HD window?
Quantumreh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 06:24 AM   #2
JJP9398
macrumors member

Make sure the application is closed down either by quitting it or maybe a restart. Then you should be able to delete it.
JJP9398 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Quantumreh
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Tried it

Did that and it does not work.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Quantumreh
macrumors newbie

Okay, when I start up my Mac the Zoosk program starts running automatically. Maybe that is the problem. So, how to I keep it from being a program that immediately pops up upon restart. Maybe I can delete it after I figure that out.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:58 PM   #5
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
Go to System Preferences/Accounts/Login Items. If it starts upon boot it should be there.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Quantumreh
macrumors newbie

Well, darn-it all

Thank-you Mackilroy. That did help it from popping up when I restart my Mac. However, I still cannot delete it. It says, "The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items." I'm finding this quite ridiculous because I am the one who added this stupid program. So, nevertheless I still need HELP!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Download and install BatChmod. It can unlock files easily should do the trick for you.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Quantumreh
macrumors newbie

Hooray!

You are a genius! Thank-you! That knocked er' right out of there!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Heh. I had a problem unlocking my own files once upon a time and found that. Glad it worked for you.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac