Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I'm waiting for my iPad. Pre-ordered last week. I've already bought the Apple case, and want to buy the highly-recommended InvisibleShield screen protector. Apparently, that would be a huge mistake since the case seems to be leaving permanent purplish stains on the shield.

Have many people experienced this? And the solution? The shield is a must-have, I've heard and read.

Suggestions?

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Correct. I've had mines on for approx 4 days and just noticed it whilst you raised the topic. Not a big problem for me as I don't plan to take the apple case off, still waiting for that perfect case and the Apple case to me is right up there in my fav's.

p.s. i dont have a front shield on (so im not sure how well the actual touch screen is). if that goes purple, thats worrying.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 253

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Oh wow, I have just ordered an invisibleshield for the screen only but am worried the shield will get all these stains! :(

travistaylor

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
Crap! I hope this doesn't happen to my PowerSupport anti-glare screen....it is just on the screen, not the back.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
some good some bad ...

Just got word from a nice person in these forums that he/she has never had a prob with iPad case and InvisibleShield together.

Samurai: Thks so much for the info. Now let us know if the stains actually leech onto the back of the iPad, or simply into the Shield (not too bad).

Love Juice

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
that's basically from not putting on the shield on perfectly. that's always been the problem w/ invisibleshield and best skin ever, etc. any part that on an edge that was not put on perfectly will start to change color with time, eventually a yellowish color.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
I posted images of mine a few weeks ago and no one took me serious.

As time passes the stains on the shield get worse. On the back you can see the shape of the square where you "fold" the cover under. It has nothing to do with a bad application or yellowing.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Is the back of the iPad also purplish?

Does it leave a stain on the back of the iPad, not the shield? Now that would be major and depressing ...

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I have the same problem with my sgp incredible shield. I have contacted the company repeatedly over the last two weeks and they keep giving me the run around saying they can't find my amazon order number even though amazon has it in their system. Mine looks horrible and nothing gets the stains out.

bea335cd.jpg

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
I have this exact combo, and the back of mine looks exactly like the poster above me, and the case has only been on for 4 days now. And it was professionally installed at the invisible shield store...this blows.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
So I have had the Wrapsol on the back of mine since I got it about 3 weeks ago. I just started using the Apple Case, for perhaps 3 days and I am having the same problem :(

Not happy about it at all, makes it look kinda bad, especially since I don't like using a case 100% of the time.

img00420201006301741.jpg

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Everything's cool!

I bought the full-body InsivibleShield even before I received the iPad. After advice from people responding to one of my threads, I decided to go screen protector and naked back - love the feel of touching it. And yes the back is still as beautiful as when I first got it. Perfect!

I keep the iPad in the case 5 days a week, and out 2 days. Very easily slips in and out.

I think that's the best combo (for me). And brother did I like the naked front screen the first 2 days - but just in case ...

malbright

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
I love my BestSkinsEver shiield, but I am having the exact same problem!

I just reordered a new one, and this time, I'm going to cover up that dreaded square in the back of the Apple Case so it does not make direct contact with the shield.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
If we tape the inside of the apple case would this prevent staining? I'm trying to think of a good idea since I just installed my second zagg due to the blue marks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.