iPad won't play my videos - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1
jamesryanbell
macrumors 68020

iPad won't play my videos

I've been playing videos for two days, and now any time I try to play one, it won't play at all. It'll just show where it left off for about two seconds (still screen, no sound), then I see the little loading wheel, and then it just sits there. Shows zero minutes of zero minutes. Any button press (play, forward, backward) does nothing. This happens on every video. ???

Weirdly enough, if I use air video to stream them in, they all work.

Any ideas?
jamesryanbell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:16 PM   #2
jamesryanbell
macrumors 68020

Is there a way to see if it's a RAM problem or something? I know I'm reaching, but I don't know what else would cause it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:27 PM   #3
VTMac
macrumors 6502

Try rebooting. Hold the button on the top and the home button until it let's you swipe to reboot. Like 10-15 seconds.
VTMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:35 PM   #4
iqwertyi
macrumors regular

This happened to my iPhone before.
I had to delete and resync the videos to fix the problem.
Good Luck!
iqwertyi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:37 PM   #5
jamesryanbell
macrumors 68020

I tried re-syncing and it fixed the problem. That really sucks though. Why would that happen? Every single video locks up? I mean really.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:45 PM   #6
iqwertyi
macrumors regular

I don't know why it happens. My only guess was a bad sync in the first place. But mine came at the worst time possible when I loaded my videos for a month trip. The only good news is that it never happened before and hasn't happened since.
iqwertyi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:13 PM   #7
soundsgoodtome
macrumors regular

Smile solved!

I just experienced this on a plane, heading away from home. spentnall this time syncing movies to watch, and suddenly -- just a black screen in the videos app. Neither soft nor hard resets did the trick, and I'm not at home to sync.

Here's what worked:

I played a few secs of a music video -- initiated by the iPod app (on the iPad). once playback started in the videos app, I paused that video, hit "done," and Then I was able to properly navigate within the videos app.

(Note: just prior, I'd tried downloading a video podcast, but it wouldn't play. My 2nd idea -- the music video -- did the trick. YMMV.)
soundsgoodtome is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:51 AM   #8
meghnmorgan
macrumors newbie

I don't know if you've received a solution for this problem, but the exact same thing happened to me. I just rebooted the iPad and restarted it and it worked fine. Usually that's the best option first for any issues you get with the iPad. Just hold the power button (not the round one on the front) till the power down screen comes up. Once it's powered down, hold the same button for it to restart.
meghnmorgan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:20 AM   #9
soundsgoodtome
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghnmorgan View Post
I don't know if you've received a solution for this problem, but the exact same thing happened to me. I just rebooted the iPad and restarted it and it worked fine. Usually that's the best option first for any issues you get with the iPad. Just hold the power button (not the round one on the front) till the power down screen comes up. Once it's powered down, hold the same button for it to restart.
in my case, as i noted, i did a hard reset (which involves restarting), which did not work for me.
soundsgoodtome is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad