Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kr4yzi3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
I just bought a 15" MBP last week and got a few apps installed on this machine. And now it looks like I have a problem with the sound. When I use the built-in loud speakers, it is totally fine. But when I plug in the headphones. The left one is bigger than the right one. I check the sound configuration, the balance is put right in the middle (for both built-in loudspeakers and headphones). Therefore, I have to put it 3/4 on the right for the headphones. But I just don't know what is happening with my MBP.

Please help me, I believe probably there are some conflicts between the installed software with the drivers or something, but since it happens for both Mac OS and Windows 7 (Boot Camp), I guess I was wrong then.

I appreciate a lot.

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
hmmmm.... pretty weird... Have you tried the headphones off another source? have you tried other headphones or speakers? perhaps its the headphones that have the problem... :confused:

sn0warmy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Denver, CO
1) Blow the headphone jack out with compressed air. Dust or dirt can be causing the sensor to screw up (speaking from experience)

2) Test another set of headphones.

3) If problem persists with both sets of headphones after step 1 then take it into Apple to have them diagnose it.

oyebto

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
Singapore
I just bought a 15" MBP last week and got a few apps installed on this machine. And now it looks like I have a problem with the sound. When I use the built-in loud speakers, it is totally fine. But when I plug in the headphones. The left one is bigger than the right one. I check the sound configuration, the balance is put right in the middle (for both built-in loudspeakers and headphones). Therefore, I have to put it 3/4 on the right for the headphones. But I just don't know what is happening with my MBP.

Please help me, I believe probably there are some conflicts between the installed software with the drivers or something, but since it happens for both Mac OS and Windows 7 (Boot Camp), I guess I was wrong then.

I appreciate a lot.

interesting issue, usually people experienced the opposite due to the location of the subwoofer being on the right of the trackpad.

kr4yzi3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
Hi guys, it turns out that the problem is with my headphones :D
Maybe I'm too sleepy to think outside of the box. Staying up until 5 or 6 in the morning is a bad idea after all. Thanks anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.