Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:58 PM   #1
supaflyryan
macrumors newbie

Changed iTunes/iPhone account email address, can't update old apps

I have one personal iTunes account for my computer, and it was hooked up to my iPhone as well. I downloaded a bunch of apps and everything was fine.

A few months ago, there was a problem connecting to the store via my phone when I tried to update my applications via the App Store iPhone app. I don't really remember what happened, but it resulted in me having to change the email address associated with my iTunes account.

All of my pre-downloaded apps remained, however they were purchased with my old email address. Anything I download now is associated with my new email address.

If I try to update the apps through iTunes on my computer, it will only recognize and update the applications purchased through my new email address.

Here's the weird part... when I try to Sign Out and re-login with my old email address, it says there is no account associated with it. However, if I right click on one of my old apps, it says right there in the Info that it was purchased through that old email address.

Any ideas?
supaflyryan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Contact apple support they will sort it for you. I had the eaxact same issue and they resolved it buy making me delete all my apps and they set them to all redownload through the iTunes account settings.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Mlrollin91
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyryan View Post
I have one personal iTunes account for my computer, and it was hooked up to my iPhone as well. I downloaded a bunch of apps and everything was fine.

A few months ago, there was a problem connecting to the store via my phone when I tried to update my applications via the App Store iPhone app. I don't really remember what happened, but it resulted in me having to change the email address associated with my iTunes account.

All of my pre-downloaded apps remained, however they were purchased with my old email address. Anything I download now is associated with my new email address.

If I try to update the apps through iTunes on my computer, it will only recognize and update the applications purchased through my new email address.

Here's the weird part... when I try to Sign Out and re-login with my old email address, it says there is no account associated with it. However, if I right click on one of my old apps, it says right there in the Info that it was purchased through that old email address.

Any ideas?
Well did you make a whole new account or just change the email address. If the email address was changed, it is still the same account.. You should be able to update them free of charge. I would contact iTunes to just double check.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:48 AM   #4
macfisheries
macrumors newbie

Cool Changed iTunes/iPhone account email address, can't update old apps

Hi Gav2k, like the answer, but how do I contact Apple to sort it out? would be glad of your advice!
macfisheries is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:45 PM   #5
JamesMB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfisheries View Post
Hi Gav2k, like the answer, but how do I contact Apple to sort it out? would be glad of your advice!
A quick search with Google found this...http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting