Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 3, 2010, 08:27 PM   #1
InternetDude08
macrumors regular

How to fix iPhone 3G blurry camera?

So I'm not sure what happened but my iPhone pics are horribly blurry and, well, really crappy.

I tried cleaning the lens (even with glass cleaner) but the pics are still crappy. Is there an easy way to replace the little lens on the case?

As an aside, the back of the iPhone has a little crack down near the charge/USB port so if this means replacing the whole back as one piece I just might do it...

Thx.
InternetDude08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 08:48 PM   #2
ulbador
macrumors 68000

Quit drinking.
ulbador is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:34 AM   #3
InternetDude08
macrumors regular

bump
InternetDude08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:41 AM   #4
saving107
macrumors 603

the best way to fix your blurry camera, buy the new iPhone tomorrow. j/k

seriously now, which iPhone model do you have. I ask because I had the same issue with my first gen iPhone, but not with my 3G or 3GS.
saving107 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:43 AM   #5
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saving107 View Post
seriously now, which iPhone model do you have. I ask because I had the same issue with my first gen iPhone, but not with my 3G or 3GS.
It says 3G right in the thread title.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:50 AM   #6
saving107
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLuffJimmy View Post
It says 3G right in the thread title.
my bad,

I missed that, I should really go to bed now. does your camera look like this by any chance? this was the problem I had.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:03 AM   #7
saving107
macrumors 603

I just wanted to point out something I came across a few years back. I'm not sure if you are having the same issue, but I'll post this anyways.

Quote:
I called Apple Care, then opted to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store (5 hour drive one-way) so that I would not be without my iPhone. I then called the store to be sure they had iPhones for exchange, should they decide to do so. After describing the trouble with the AR coating, the Genius put me on hold while he spoke with the technicians. When he came back he told me they see this a lot. They don't replace the phone, but take it in the back and polish away the remaining AR coating with something called iClear. Apparently this is similar to a good quality cleaner sold for eyeglasses, and is used to clean computer monitors.

I thanked him for saving me a 10 hour drive (and related gasoline expense), and tried to polish the AR coating off of my iPhone using our special eyeglass cleaner. The AR coating would not come away completely, especially around the edges. The pictures are a touch better, but still unusable if there is any bright light in the image such as a window, light, or reflection.
http://forums.macnn.com/103/ipod-iph...era-fuzziness/

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone