Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
hello,

anyone know a tutorial to show how i can setup an In-App to remove ads? (AdMob specifically) or maybe someone could show it here, that would be much appreciated

Thanks

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Setting up an in-app purchase is a somewhat complicated affair. It's not just something you can "show".

yeah, that's why I asked if anyone know a specific tutorial for removing ads (since a lot of apps are doing it now), I've searched around but mostly are in-app in general. I guess i could do one when i learn how to implement in-app purchase.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
yeah, that's why I asked if anyone know a specific tutorial for removing ads (since a lot of apps are doing it now), I've searched around but mostly are in-app in general. I guess i could do one when i learn how to implement in-app purchase.
Removing ads is the easy part. Based on the value of some flag, stored permanently, decide whether to show ads or not. It's the in-app piece that is quite a bit trickier.

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Removing ads is the easy part. Based on the value of some flag, stored permanently, decide whether to show ads or not. It's the in-app piece that is quite a bit trickier.

do you think in-app purchase is better for piracy protection? especially with server side recipe verification ?

ranguvar

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2009
do you think in-app purchase is better for piracy protection? especially with server side recipe verification ?

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think that in-app purchases have not been cracked yet. Don't sue me if they have, though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.