Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:28 AM   #1
uaecasher
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to uaecasher Send a message via MSN to uaecasher Send a message via Yahoo to uaecasher
In-App Purchase to remove admob ads?

hello,

anyone know a tutorial to show how i can setup an In-App to remove ads? (AdMob specifically) or maybe someone could show it here, that would be much appreciated

Thanks
uaecasher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:10 AM   #2
dejo

Setting up an in-app purchase is a somewhat complicated affair. It's not just something you can "show".
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:14 AM   #3
uaecasher
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to uaecasher Send a message via MSN to uaecasher Send a message via Yahoo to uaecasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejo View Post
Setting up an in-app purchase is a somewhat complicated affair. It's not just something you can "show".
yeah, that's why I asked if anyone know a specific tutorial for removing ads (since a lot of apps are doing it now), I've searched around but mostly are in-app in general. I guess i could do one when i learn how to implement in-app purchase.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:38 AM   #4
dejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaecasher View Post
yeah, that's why I asked if anyone know a specific tutorial for removing ads (since a lot of apps are doing it now), I've searched around but mostly are in-app in general. I guess i could do one when i learn how to implement in-app purchase.
Removing ads is the easy part. Based on the value of some flag, stored permanently, decide whether to show ads or not. It's the in-app piece that is quite a bit trickier.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:58 AM   #5
uaecasher
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejo View Post
Removing ads is the easy part. Based on the value of some flag, stored permanently, decide whether to show ads or not. It's the in-app piece that is quite a bit trickier.
do you think in-app purchase is better for piracy protection? especially with server side recipe verification ?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:15 PM   #6
dejo

Quote:
do you think in-app purchase is better for piracy protection?
I'm not educated enough on what the pirates are doing nowadays with regards to in-app purchase, so I'm not sure.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:21 AM   #7
ranguvar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
do you think in-app purchase is better for piracy protection? especially with server side recipe verification ?
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think that in-app purchases have not been cracked yet. Don't sue me if they have, though...
ranguvar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming