Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Hi, the other day I read a thread saying that the gaps in the next iPhone, were infact not gaps, but instead were a rubber filling so that the phone didn't just explode when dropped. But then I noticed this:
133618-white_4gen_iphone_back_1_500.jpg

The rubber filling is black, on the white model... seen as Apple have even changed the colour of the headphone jack thing, I can't believe they'd leave this black. Would they? Seems a bit shabby to me... what do you guys think?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
The rubber filling is black, on the white model... seen as Apple have even changed the colour of the headphone jack thing, I can't believe they'd leave this black. Would they? Seems a bit shabby to me... what do you guys think?

I assume that they chose the material for other properties than its color. I assume it's the same black plastic/rubber seal used around the iPad and MacBook screens, perhaps an ABS plastic or similar.

Nickday89

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I don't see why they wouldn't be black. On the black-backed iPhone, which has silver siding they're black, too. I highly doubt they're color-coding them, as white rubber will stain and turn yellow/brown reeaallly easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.