Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
Name 'em! Those great little apps that you have found that work in osX, do what they should, and are FREE! Provide a link also, if possible.

The reason I bring this up is because I pulled down Captain FTP 1.31 off of download.com and I really like it.
Also, BBEdit Lite 6.1 (html editing) and its a great little program that is a lot of raw html editing. Very nice.

Captian FTP:
http://download.com.com/3000-2151-10125254.html?tag=lst-0-1

BBEdit HTML Source:
http://download.com.com/3000-2205-7706873.html?tag=lst-0-1

I'm sure many of you already know about these programs - as well as many other great ones - so please, enlighten me. Thanks!

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
in no particular order

Blender (if i would bother to figure out how to use it)
PixelNHance and Goldberg (ok for simple stuff)
Adium (has held me over until ichat is released)
MacMAME (has saved me countless quarters)
BootCD (a must have)
DesInstaller (indispensible!)
DoggieBox (it will be awesome when its done)
Vince (pretty nifty)

...and all those cool linux ports i can use through xdarwin

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
The award goes to...

Watson.

I love that little program, and I am really pissed that Apple is stealing it with Sherlock 3. They need to at least give that guy something. (Apple offered him a job at regular salary as a token-big whoop)

Anyway, there's another fine program called GradeKeeper that is very useful in keeping/averaging students' grades.

Just my 2¢

Gus

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by obeygiant
iPhoto

because it helps me organize all my Kobe Tai pictures

hmmm say you might wanna guve me some of them, PM them of email me of AIM me and well talk Kobe :D

Ah Adium is the best app (chat)
iTunes (mp3)
Aquasition (finding mp3s)
KDX (its only a beta but then you have to pay for the final )
and Launch which connects me to the internet in OSX and I would like to thank Jamie Curmi for develping such an awesome app , he is a good guy

Oh and Quicktime

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i like MemoryStick, until it got annoying with all it's little beeps. i don't have a link, but you can find it easily on version tracker, or the like.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
mozilla cuz the mozilla source code 0wnz j00 all :p

its just a perfect browser....cept when a webpage has crappy html work done to work *cough msn.com cough* ;)
all they need is an integrated audio/video player (not anything like intercrud explointer's built in wimp plugin sidebarthingy) that'dd let u play audio/video from your puter and from the web...or else netscape 7 final can do that ;) n as soon as that happens...it'll be perrrrfect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.