Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Mod Note: Here is a list of the previous threads

Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 2)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 3)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 4)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 5)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 6)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 7)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 8)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 9)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 10)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 11)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 12) < This thread!

Please refrain from quoting images. If you want to see the picture that a post is referring to, you can press this button:
viewpost.gif

For large images (over ~800 pixels wide), please use [/SIZE][/B] tags rather than plain old [img] tags

[B]We ask that everyone refrains from reposting the same image in multiple threads. That includes the "Under 18" as well as "Post Your Mac Setup" threads.

We do realize that this will still sometimes occur. If/when that happens, please report it by clicking on the "Report Post" icon ([IMG]http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif) and include a link to both posts. Thank You.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
Here's Mine

These are mine. I have a problem, i know

Attachments

• cubeandmdd.jpg
    cubeandmdd.jpg
    978.9 KB · Views: 711
  • CRT"S.jpg
    CRT"S.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 620
  • dirtyscreen.jpg
    dirtyscreen.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 626
  • TAM.jpg
    TAM.jpg
    901 KB · Views: 683
  • macport.jpg
    macport.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 579

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
More....

Here's the rest

Only 1 monitor works, the small one. I got the other two for 10 bucks! and one kinda works i guess :(

Attachments

• G4pm.jpg
    G4pm.jpg
    970.4 KB · Views: 548
  • pad.jpg
    pad.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 689
  • g5.jpg
    g5.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 575
  • laptops.jpg
    laptops.jpg
    967.1 KB · Views: 698
  • monitors.jpg
    monitors.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 622

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Keebler said:
Well folks, I've been looking, researching and not doing anything about a new desk for some time now. I finally picked the task up again and by PURE LUCK, I ran into an ex-co-worker who explained they had some cubicles to get rid of. That positive thinking my wife's been telling me about paid off!

So after a few truck trips and hours of putting the desk together, cutting another middle piece to use as a shelf and starting at the empty desk trying to plan where to put all of my gear, here it is

I bought supporting legs from IKEA to help with the weight.

Every cable is labelled at the start and end destinations. I've tried to tie as many cables together as I can. I'm going to wait a few months to ensure I don't move anything around then will buy some velcro straps.

Still to come:

- will move the white imac out and into the living room to be the 'family' computer

- need to set up my nikon coolscan

- a few more A/V pieces need to be set up beside the filing cabinet on the right hand side

- researching new speakers - so far looking at the Rokit line as I need flat sounding speakers for the accuracy of my client tape transfers

- waiting until Monday or later next week to see if Apple announces a new 27" monitor so I can see whether or not the 24" display refurbs drop in price (or buy NEC, Dell or Samsung screens - they have to be fantastic for colour accuracy). It's hard for me to get away from Apple b/c I've been a huge fan of the 20" display I paid big bucks for almost 6 years ago

Looks amazing, but I think it would be even nicer to have the towers on the floor and the ACDs where the towers are now. It would look a bit less crowded that way IMHO.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Looks amazing, but I think it would be even nicer to have the towers on the floor and the ACDs where the towers are now. It would look a bit less crowded that way IMHO.

thanks for the feedback. i agree and I actually had them on the floor in the last set up (never posted), but the problem was 2 fold:

1. dust :( - harder to clean and reach behind the towers. Now it's at a great level which makes it easier to clean that pesky dust and also to change cables if need be.

2. access to burners - I burn plenty of DVDs so it's better to have them at a higher level which is easier to grab. I have my printer station set up on the opposite side of the towers (not visible), so it's an easy grab, turn and place on the printers. I do want to get an automated printer, but not ready to spend the money on one just yet :)

Cheers,
Keebler

iGoogler

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
I suppose I'd best ask the obvious question: Why two?

Probably because one is older, and he still uses it but he bought a new one because the older one is slowing down? Your saying if you had two, you would hide one even if you periodically used them both? :)

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Probably because one is older, and he still uses it but he bought a new one because the older one is slowing down? Your saying if you had two, you would hide one even if you periodically used them both? :)

If I had two, I would transfer my data to the new one, sell the older one, and recoup some of my investment ;)

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
question for some of you...

why is that some on here connect their MBP to their iMac/desktop?

it it to network between the two?
if so, can't that be done wirelessly?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.