Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMac27"

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Dear all,

I just received my brand new Kanex XD from overseas. My 360 was waiting a long time.....
But unfortunately the XD seems not to work.
Following the steps on the flyer I have no chance to get a signal on my 27" iMac. I ensured the correct resolution with two different devices (XBox 360 / PS3) and followed the steps several times - no chance.
After using Cmd & F2 the screen turns black sometimes and nothing happens - the other times the screen goes back to my iMac interface - but never a signal from my HDMI devices.
I also tried the reset steps described in the Kanex FAQs (http://www.kanexlive.com/products/item-id-3662.html) - nothing happens - still the same result. :confused:

In addition there is no blue signal on the side of the MDP part of the XD.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you all in advance

iMac27"

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Kanex XD - not working - who can help?

Thx for your answer - but the blue light on the side of the HDMI device is working.

garyhendry

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
Vancouver
I had some same issues with my PS3.

Try having everything plugged in with your computer ON and the PS3 OFF. Hold down the PS3 power button for a few seconds until it beeps again (this resets the video). The display should now come up on your iMac. If it doesn't, try the command+F2 while your PS3 is resetting.

Everything works wonders now. Such a good product for people that don't want a tv in their house.

m0nty

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2010
Hi guys,

I have the same issue. I have been using the Xbox for 4 weeks with Kanex now and it works fine at 720p. I've just tried setting up the PS3 and it doesn't work. I have also followed the instructions regarding resetting. It seems the signal pick up on the Kanex box is less than average. Once I got a signal on the display port side of the box but it wouldn't broadcast. Ever since then I've had nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I did a hard reset and replugged everything back in starting with HDMI > power > MDP. The light on the MDP side came on for 5 seconds, then went out. I tried again and it stayed on but no image came up. I tried again and it flickered for a fraction of a second.

EDIT # 2: Finally got it. I had the PS3 set to 720p on my TV. I went back to the connection with the TV and the PS3 wanted to reconfigure to 1080i. I removed the "automatic" PS3 setting and locked it to 720p.

Last edited:

Nani316

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
I m having apple display 27 inch(2012)!! I have tried connecting my KANEX XD brand new one with setting my ps3 into 720p display!!! But i m not able to connect my ps3 to my apple display!!! I tried resetting my ps3 again and again but its just not working!!! What i m seeing is only blank display!!! Please help me out what to do??? Thank u

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
I m having apple display 27 inch(2012)!! I have tried connecting my KANEX XD brand new one with setting my ps3 into 720p display!!! But i m not able to connect my ps3 to my apple display!!! I tried resetting my ps3 again and again but its just not working!!! What i m seeing is only blank display!!! Please help me out what to do??? Thank u

I don't think the Kanex XD is compatible with 2012 (maybe even 2011?) and up iMacs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.