Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APtalent

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Just got an iMac.

Is there anyway to move the Close, Maximize and Minimize buttons to the right of every window?

Can that annoying right-bottom tip corner used to sizing windows be replaced with stretch arrows like in Windows?

Edit#1

Marty Macfly

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Part of moving to OS X is forgoing the ways of the past. Neither of the things you want are at all possible, so you just need to give it a few days to get used to the new setup.

I'm sure you meant "right of every window", but it's still not possible. Again, give it a few days.

APtalent

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Part of moving to OS X is forgoing the ways of the past. Neither of the things you want are at all possible, so you just need to give it a few days to get used to the new setup.

I'm sure you meant "right of every window", but it's still not possible. Again, give it a few days.

Yeah that's what I meant, darn. Gonna have to store this thing in the closet and let it collect some dust.

bsizz234

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
Yeah that's what I meant, darn. Gonna have to store this thing in the closet and let it collect some dust.

sounds like you might as well mail it to me... then it'll sit on my desk and not collect any dust.

santaliqueur

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Nah it matches with the silver-white painting in that far end corner of my closet.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Too bad you spent all that money on a computer you didn't like. Unless you were trying to be funny, and were unsuccessful.

Kauai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2010
god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg

Seriously, just don't reply, it's as easy as that. Let his threads fall to the bottom.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
it's a Mac and running OSX and in OSX it has always been that way .. red dot for closing ,orange dot for moving to dock and green dot for resizing and they always had been on the left , and at least i find them far more practical there
and i guess nobody ever thought about making OSX look like windows before , actually the opposite is the case lots of windows users want the look of OSX ,thats why there are so many theme changing software packs around for windows xp , vista , win7 to give it the OSX look because it is just more intuitive ...
but there is a easy and simple way to get the features like they are in MS Windows ....use bootcamp and install windows on your iMac :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Detosx

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
it's a Mac and running OSX and in OSX it has always been that way .. red dot for closing ,orange dot for moving to dock and green dot for resizing and they always had been on the left , and at least i find them far more practical there
and i guess nobody ever thought about making OSX look like windows before , actually the opposite is the case lots of windows users want the look of OSX ,thats why there are so many theme changing software packs around for windows xp , vista , win7 to give it the OSX look because it is just more intuitive ...
but there is a easy and simple way to get the features like they are in MS Windows ....use bootcamp and install windows on your iMac :rolleyes:
Spot on way to wrong foot trolls. I used to beta test flyakite's mod for transforming Windows to look like OS X. It came nowhere near but it was one of the better efforts at the time and there have been more since. So, iMac, bootcamp, Windows 7, theme pack - sorted (but pretty far removed from the Snow Leopard experience). Another option would be Ununtu 10.10. There are Mac-ish (and it's a big ugly 'ish') themes the best compromise I could come up with was the Elementary theme used with nautilus Elementary with an OS X icon theme and traffic light theme - that you can have on the left or the right. If all you are using is Firefox, OpenOffice, Picassa and Gimp you won't notice much difference... Pretty and fast as it all is, it's still not Snow Leopard and lacks Apple's sublime attention to detail.

ZZANG

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Planet Cybertron
I know this wasn't part of the discussion, but using Leopard Dock is a huge plus in cleaning up and organizing your Dock. I never go on any Mac without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.