Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:02 PM   #1
applefan1997
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to applefan1997
TiBook not powering up....strange symptoms

I have a 400MHz TiBook that stopped powering up after I removed the bottom case, which is a user-removable component to install the AirPort Card and HD.

After I put the cover back on, the machine would not boot. Opening it up, I realized the power button cord was not seated right, so I plugged it in firmly. I plugged it in and still nothing.

Listening closely, I could hear the computer making tiny whining noises, and the KB lights come on when I press capslock or num lock.

I've tried the reset button on back, cmnd+opton+power, and disconnecting the PRAM battery and main battery to no avail. Is there a special combination of the above methods, or something else.

The battery happened to be discharged, which I understand might be hindering any progress as well.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by applefan1997; Jun 5, 2010 at 11:18 PM.
applefan1997 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:33 AM   #2
synthetase
macrumors newbie

ye olde pram reset is one thing.
try holding down the power button until you hear a long tone, hope for a boot chime.

there is also the possibility something was fried while the case was open. especially if you weren't properly grounded.

make sure you're using the power adapter since you know you're having batter issues.
synthetase is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs