Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 6, 2010, 08:07 AM   #1
elcee
macrumors newbie

Auto detecting PCs on finder

I've posted this under a different topic and hopefully I can find answers here.

I'm a new user since 1.3 years and I haven't been able to find an answer and there may not be an answer. I'm using macbook pro and 10.6.3.

At the current moment I'm having to use Command + K to manually connect to PCs. I have no problems automatically seeing other Macs in my Finder sidebar. IMO, I shouldn't have to manually connect to PCs, it should automatically show all computers using the same local network. I'm also using VMWare 3 and it also doesn't show up on Shared resources of my Finder sidebar, this is very strange even though VMWare resides and uses the same resources as my Mac.

I hope somebody here can shed some light on this issue. This issue is driving me bonkers.
elcee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking