Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geta

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Im connecting my MBP 13" 2.53GHz to my LG TV with MDP to HDMI adapter and its working really good, as soon as i connect it to the TV, the mac recognize my TV and its working perfect.

few days ago i notice that when i disconnect the adapter (after i close the TV), the mac think that the TV still connected, even when the TV is off and the adapter is out (when i connect and disconnect the TV, the mac screen "blink"), and i can move windows outside my screen (so they get lost....).

all so when i open the system preferences\display, it still show me one window for the mac display and one for the LG TV ???

as far as i know, when i disconnect external screen\TV, the mac should automatically recognize it, and move back to the original setup...

in the old Tiger OSX you had to press F7 to change it (for what i remember), but with the new Snow Leopard you dont have this option.

maybe somebody here had this problem before and know how to fix it ? , or maybe its software\hardware problem ?
:confused:

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
I have a couple of potential solutions...
  • Close the lid of your notebook after disconnecting it from your TV (to put it to sleep), then re-open it. If that doesn't work...
  • Go to System Preferences -> Displays, then hit Detect Displays. If that doesn't work...
  • Log out (or press cmd+opt+shift+Q to log out without prompting) and log back in again. If that doesn't work...
  • Restart the machine. Possibly the easiest way of doing this is t press the power button, then press R. If you can't do it from menu commands, hold the power button to force a shutdown. Reboot, and all should be good again.

If none of that works... I'm stumped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.