Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2001
let's start a survey:

Do you expect an new PB G4 at the Macworld Expo in July?

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
YES.

Also announcments on the following:
- New iMacs
- New Power Macs
- The death of the cube
- Introduction of an Apple PDA
Read this article: http://www.visorcentral.com/page/0-2-935-2.htm A quote from the article "More details on the NewtonX will be available this July at Macworld New York"

- Also maybe a few new software programs....
- OS X update
- A New OS 9 update

[Edited by macboy on 06-26-2001 at 11:31 AM]

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
hmmmmm...

i agree that apple is working on a PDA, but i don't think it will be ready by july. hopefully by the end of this year.

about the imacs: they will be upgraded/expanded, but not brand new models.

hopefully something will happen to the powermacs though, they need something more, i just don't know what.

what about the TiBooks? they are in desperate need of an internal cdrw

the cube, though i hate to say it, is dying. but if the cube is gone-apple needs at least one more product:a brand new mac??????????????

???

???

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
The Flat Panel iMac will come out I think. Panasonic and IBM have all-in-one flat panel computers already. Apple usually comes out with some like that first... If Apple releases the iMac in more ugly designs like Flower Power and Blue Dalmation then the iMac will be history.... just like the cube.....

Apple said that i took them over a year to design the BD & FP iMacs..... I think they've been working on something since the last big announcment last summer....

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
I agree

There well definatly be new iMacs. There hasent been a major upgrade since Rev. A, only minor upgrades. iMac sales are slumping and Apple knows it. They msut stay inovated and fresh. And most of all, ahead of everyone else. I agree that there will be a major change to the iMac. But I dont think they well invove a LCD. A flat CRT yes, but not a LCD. Panasonics iMac ripoff has a LCD but if you look at the specks... i mean windows can hardly run as it is on a computer 2x as fast. LCD's are still too expensive for a cosumer end modle like the iMac. Unless they come out with a Cube replacment supper iMac and keep the low-end modles they have now, with minor upgrades.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Yes

I expect several new PB G4 models at 600 mhz with super drive.I also think the current models will have a price drop and be terminated in September.I also expect new PowerMac enclosures and speeds up to 933 mhz.I think the iMac will come out too.I don't think the Cube will be killed since that is kind of Steve's pet project (it is basically a NeXt computer).
By the way MacBoy in case you didn't notice NewtonX was an April Fool's joke.

KingArthur

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
Marion, Ohio
I personally don't believe that there will be a new Powerbook G4 this July. I believe they are going to wait until the G5 comes out to release a Powerbook G4+ because the G4+ (7460) apparently is more energy efficent than the G4 (7450). Now, they may release a new Powerbook G4 if they have the G4 (7440) up to 600Mhz because it is not a huge drain on energy and is what they use now. Unless they develop a new battery, I don't ever expect to see a duel processor Powerbook G4.

Just remember, these are only my predictions and nothing more.

lpraml

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2001
Vienna
could be true!

!

in germany and austria apple started special selling (trade in) actions for the pbg4. if you bring any working computer (can be mac or pc (at least win95 working)) in the price for a pbg4 is reduced by 1000 DEM!

i was just on the way to get my load of titan from apple when i received that news - so does anyone of you know if they will change anything else than the speed (500, 600?)

regards

l

iboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2001
wait a minute... it has to be a portable Mac or PC!!!

I think it is not quite sure that there will be a new Titanium at MWNY

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
iBoy is right

I boy is right to be skeptical. I dont think there well be a new TiBook at MW. Apple just expended the free fireWire CD-WR to parts of Europ. Its possibal we may see a iBook with a bigger LCD. The rummored "Son of Pismo" But I dont know. I would consider getting one...

jkalman243

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2001
Yes

Definitely a new PB G4 even if it is just putting a CDr in it.
I was talking with a sales rep and said I will wait till I can get cd-r on the pb g4 before i will buy it because i need it for editing. The rep said he expects to here back from me in a few weeks from that phone call. Then goes on to say that that is all he could tell me. :::)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Darn. Apple will come out with a new Pda but not at MW

lol, u guys though that apple was coming out with them. lol. I will be at the expo and will post was is there the second it opens. so be ready to come to this site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.