Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 14, 2004, 03:35 PM   #1
Whigga Spitta
macrumors 6502

Powerbook 'creaking'? (not hinge-related)

Now that I am using my Powerbook away from my iCurve, I noticed a really strange sound that no one else has brought up in any threads here. With it on my lap, if I move it so the base is anything but parallel to the floor, it kind of creaks. I can't really identify where the sound is coming from and it doesn't seem to be HD/hinge related at all. Is this bad (it doesn't sound too great) and/or does it need fixing?
Old Oct 14, 2004, 03:36 PM   #2
Macs R Us
macrumors regular

Send a message via ICQ to Macs R Us Send a message via AIM to Macs R Us Send a message via MSN to Macs R Us Send a message via Yahoo to Macs R Us
Hum... Seems odd, what PB is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whigga Spitta
Now that I am using my Powerbook away from my iCurve, I noticed a really strange sound that no one else has brought up in any threads here. With it on my lap, if I move it so the base is anything but parallel to the floor, it kind of creaks. I can't really identify where the sound is coming from and it doesn't seem to be HD/hinge related at all. Is this bad (it doesn't sound too great) and/or does it need fixing?
Macs R Us is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2004, 03:38 PM   #3
Macs R Us
macrumors regular

Send a message via ICQ to Macs R Us Send a message via AIM to Macs R Us Send a message via MSN to Macs R Us Send a message via Yahoo to Macs R Us
I just tried mine and it had a CD in it so I think that and the HD would make some noise... Not sure for you though...
Macs R Us is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2004, 03:42 PM   #4
Whigga Spitta
macrumors 6502

It's a 15" 1.5 Ghz with a combo drive. There's no disc in the drive though and right now I'm not running any intensive programs, I think I might take it to the Apple Store tonight (problem with that is I'll probably walk out a couple hundred dollars poorer (is that a word)).

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers