Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Was Apple correct in not including orientation lock and wallpapers?

• Yes, you should upgrade to new hardware

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, what did it cost them to put them in?

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

innominato5090

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
What about this.

20100608-jwj6gy7xjb1kfn977bb3wm1xsk.png

just installed the 4.0 GM, and there's no wallpaper option for the home screen. looks like a site error

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
Orientation Lock requires the task switcher, so I understand not including that. Missing wallpapers probably works but slows down the OS due to the lack of ram, heck my iPhone is already hard to use because of slowdown, (The only explanation I can come up with is that I just have too many apps or something, (though it shouldn't be how many books on my bookshelf, but how many books I have open, and on the 3G only one book... or app in this allegory, can be open at once so I am not really sure why that slows it down). So I think they should include the options, especially for wallpaper, but I understand why.

I also haven't been able to get wireless bluetooth keyboards to work on the 3G on iOS 4, I am not sure if thats just me, or if that has something to do with the iPhone 3G only being bluetooth 2.0 rather than 2.1. If anyone could confirm that as being a 3Gs/4 exclusive that would be helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.