|Jun 8, 2010, 02:23 AM||#1|
[SOLVED] Mail.app taking ages on "checking for mail" (Gmail via exchange setup)
So, first things first:
- I'm connected to the Internet (via Wifi, and i tried at home, at work, and via 3G - it's a 64GB 3G);
- I've followed the instructions on google's help pages (syncing via PUSH using the Exchange account), i googled a lot and found a bunch of people with the same problem, but all the threads were abandoned without a solution;
- I've got this puppy for 4 weeks, and it worked flowlessly untill 2 days ago when i did a restore (without backup so i could keep the iPad clean and start from scratch - everyone likes to mess around the first few days with software and so on...)
- Problem happens for at least 12h (maybe too long for a server problem?)
- English is NOT my first language.
So i tried this: sent a mail from my work exchange account to my gmail's account. The moment i see the mail on the web app, i see the "checking for mail" message on the ipad, that takes about 30 to 45 seconds to disappear. If i click "Mark as read" on the web, same message appears on the iPad, and so on.
I've deleted all the settings a couple of times, restarted about 10 times, and nothing. Still stuck with this.
The question is: it didn't took so long the first time i installed these settings! If i manualy check mail, it also takes a lot in order for effectively check the mail.
This kind of sucks. Do i need to restore AGAIN? This thing takes ages to copy the 30GB of multimedia i have.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Fonzmeister; Jun 8, 2010 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Solved!
|Jun 8, 2010, 04:19 AM||#2|
Here's the solution for anyone who suffers from the same issue:
- Restart iPad
- Delete Exchange Account via Settings Menu
- Restart iPad
- Add Exchange Account w/ google settings
This also solves the problem some people have when mail.app won't download "All Mail" folder (or any other with plenty of e-mails), even if it's instructed to do it!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Resolved: "Sent" emails on GMAIL in IOS7 Mail App?||hakr100||iOS 7||9||Sep 28, 2013 01:06 PM|
|Possible to get "Labels" in Mail app like Gmail?||yungskeeme||iOS 7||1||Sep 26, 2013 09:00 PM|
|Use Gmail alias as default "reply from" address in Mail.app?||badlydrawnboy||iOS 7||0||Sep 22, 2013 11:20 AM|
|Mail.app stuck on "Checking for Mail..."!||jtrenda33||iPhone||7||Oct 29, 2012 01:51 AM|
|Mail.app stuck on "Checking for Mail..."!||jtrenda33||iOS 6||1||Oct 29, 2012 01:26 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.