|Jun 8, 2010, 02:23 AM||#1|
[SOLVED] Mail.app taking ages on "checking for mail" (Gmail via exchange setup)
So, first things first:
- I'm connected to the Internet (via Wifi, and i tried at home, at work, and via 3G - it's a 64GB 3G);
- I've followed the instructions on google's help pages (syncing via PUSH using the Exchange account), i googled a lot and found a bunch of people with the same problem, but all the threads were abandoned without a solution;
- I've got this puppy for 4 weeks, and it worked flowlessly untill 2 days ago when i did a restore (without backup so i could keep the iPad clean and start from scratch - everyone likes to mess around the first few days with software and so on...)
- Problem happens for at least 12h (maybe too long for a server problem?)
- English is NOT my first language.
So i tried this: sent a mail from my work exchange account to my gmail's account. The moment i see the mail on the web app, i see the "checking for mail" message on the ipad, that takes about 30 to 45 seconds to disappear. If i click "Mark as read" on the web, same message appears on the iPad, and so on.
I've deleted all the settings a couple of times, restarted about 10 times, and nothing. Still stuck with this.
The question is: it didn't took so long the first time i installed these settings! If i manualy check mail, it also takes a lot in order for effectively check the mail.
This kind of sucks. Do i need to restore AGAIN? This thing takes ages to copy the 30GB of multimedia i have.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Fonzmeister; Jun 8, 2010 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Solved!
|Jun 8, 2010, 04:19 AM||#2|
Here's the solution for anyone who suffers from the same issue:
- Restart iPad
- Delete Exchange Account via Settings Menu
- Restart iPad
- Add Exchange Account w/ google settings
This also solves the problem some people have when mail.app won't download "All Mail" folder (or any other with plenty of e-mails), even if it's instructed to do it!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mail.app new mail notification||qbiq||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion||4||Nov 14, 2011 11:16 AM|
|mail.app stuck on "Checking for mail"||gazareth||iOS 5 and earlier||5||Oct 21, 2011 11:37 AM|
|Mail.app question||argo13||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||2||Oct 19, 2011 01:22 AM|
|Mail.app won't sync with iPhone or server||ttttaylor||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||4||Feb 9, 2011 04:29 PM|
|Gmail stopped syncing in Mail.app||mocoroh||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||5||Nov 24, 2010 01:27 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.