Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 8, 2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Inukshuk
macrumors newbie

True copyright symbol lacking on iPad

Hello all iPad users. Question i'm hoping some of you may answer. I'm trying to find a true copyright and trademark symbols on the iPad. No luck - has any of you found it? Much appreciated.
Inukshuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 06:36 AM   #2
Streethawk
macrumors 6502

Alt-169 on a PC, i dont see how you can do that on an iPad. HTML is © by the way.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 06:48 AM   #3
wilsonlaidlaw
macrumors regular

Cannot add symbol keyboard

I had wrongly assumed it would just be a case of adding an additional symbols keyboard but that sadly is not the case. I would have thought they could put these commonly used symbols in, instead of duplicating the comma and full stop on each of the three standard keyboards they offer, alphabetical, numerical and symbols. I will leave it as a suggestion on the apple website. Might be worth waiting to see if this is something that turns up in iOS4.

Wilson
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:49 AM   #4
Melaman
macrumors newbie

Talking Copyright symbol

I got around this by simply putting the symbols I want to use in Pages on iPad, into an email on my iMac. Then opened the email on iPad, copied and pasted! Simple!

Now if only there was a way to disable a text that names a website from actually linking. So for example, if you type on the iPad, in the 'Document Setup' page: www.anysite.com - which I have done as I put the copyright logo next to my website name. But it comes up as a link each time, and I don't want it to do that, just want it to sit there and look pretty as part of the page.
Melaman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 03:52 PM   #5
b.c.
macrumors 6502

try the Glyphboard web app - copy and paste the copyright or trademark (or other) symbols from there, works offline too.

see my post in another thread here

Last edited by b.c.; Aug 25, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
b.c. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
I haven't specifically found the copyright symbol, but I DO know that if you tap and hold the various keys, you get special symbols. I'll try looking later.

I also know that on the iPhone, you can get both the Copyright and Trademark symbol by activating the emoji keyboard. I don't know if that is even possible with the iPad.

Last edited by Mliii; Aug 25, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
Mliii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:08 PM   #7
b.c.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mliii View Post
I haven't specifically found the copyright symbol, but I DO know that if you tap and hold the various keys, you get special symbols. I'll try looking later.

I also know that on the iPhone, you can get both the Copyright and Trademark symbol by activating the emoji keyboard. I don't know if that is even possible with the iPad.
nope, copyright and trademark symbols do not seem available with the regular tap-and-hold keyboard shortcuts on iPad for other symbols, like accented characters.

and they're also missing from the iPad's emoji set
Old Aug 26, 2010, 06:31 PM   #8
wackymacky
macrumors 65816

Location: sent to 17.019528,-25.06721 for the next 6 weeks for my sins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Hello all iPad users. Question i'm hoping some of you may answer. I'm trying to find a true copyright and trademark symbols on the iPad. No luck - has any of you found it? Much appreciated.
I'm pretty sure that you can do this with and iPad paired with a bluetooth keyboard using Option-g. (I don't know about the ipad specific keyboard dock.)

Last edited by wackymacky; Aug 27, 2010 at 04:15 AM.
wackymacky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:41 AM   #9
b.c.
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymacky View Post
I'm pretty sure that you can do this with paired with a bluetooth keyboard using Option-g works. (I don't know about the ipad specific keyboard dock.)
yes, I can confirm using the Bluetooth keyboard you can type the copyright symbol on the iPad with option-g
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:49 PM   #10
agencius
macrumors newbie

Two iPad App's Cymbol is better, iEmoji emoticon alternate is out there

Not true!

Some basic emoticon iEmoji iPad App's will do a true copyright , as a single character entry.

Cymbol on iPad is out there, reviews are there indicate it is more powerful as an editor.

http://idevicesworld.com/features/cymbol

http://ipadcto.com/2012/03/22/pilcro...s-and-scripts/

Okay, iPad does support superscripts and subscripts, plus other items via that Cymbol App in the App Store.

Spread the word to help end the frustration of other writers!

Also, you can type in other special characters with the hex to Unicode conversion, giving access to thousands or other symbols and foreign language sets.

So just Google for the hexadecimal and highlight inside of the snippet editor environment of Cymbol App with copy all button, paste into your other editor or iWork App, Keynote, Numbers or Pages.

Note, the Apple Volume Purchase Program for buying iPad App's includes this one too. So as a companion for Keynote, Numbers and Pages, it is a logical combination.
agencius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:17 PM   #11
sekazi
macrumors 6502

<-- copyright symbol

This was posted from my iPad

EDIT:

Forgot you wanted trademark too

Here are some more

EDIT again:

btw I did this by

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

EDIT one more time:

Alternatively you can use the shortcuts for something like

copywrite =

or

trademark = ™

or even

: ) = ��

Last edited by sekazi; Mar 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
sekazi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:36 PM   #12
whtrbt7
macrumors 6502a

Glyphboard works too.

http://mrgan.com/gb/
whtrbt7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:40 PM   #13
WILLDOGS
macrumors regular

Date check guys, thread is from 2010

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad