Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:01 AM   #26
davechen
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to davechen
Just got in line at Bethesda Row. The line is not bad at all. It doesn't even reach the end of the block (in front of Uncle Julio's, if you know the area).
davechen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:46 PM   #27
donaldcc
macrumors newbie

Cool

Thinking about heading to this location! How is the line and the stock on phones?
donaldcc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:52 PM   #28
davechen
macrumors member

I was in line for an hour this morning. My co-worker just got back from that store during lunch. He said he waited for 30 minutes. So I'm guessing you'll be fine.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:03 PM   #29
donaldcc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davechen View Post
I was in line for an hour this morning. My co-worker just got back from that store during lunch. He said he waited for 30 minutes. So I'm guessing you'll be fine.
THANKS Davechen! I am leaving home now.
donaldcc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:38 AM   #30
lewisd25
macrumors regular

What would be the best place to line up for a 5s? Montgomery Mall or Bethesda Row?
lewisd25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2013, 09:59 PM   #31
SimplyLKB
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisd25 View Post
What would be the best place to line up for a 5s? Montgomery Mall or Bethesda Row?
I'm wondering the same thing! For people who have lined up at Montgomery Mall, which entrance is the line at night outside Ida. The one near Legal Seafood?

And for Bethesda Row, what's the deal with parking overnight? Anyone know?
SimplyLKB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:15 PM   #32
Applefanboy25
macrumors newbie

Hanging out for iPhone 5S 2013

Hey everyone I am new to the area and am sot sure what the responses will look like for the 5s release on Friday night. I am totally up opposed to camping out over night, just not sure where or when people usually start showing up here. It appears this forum would be for people wanting to meet up and hang out together. If anyone has camped out here before please shed some light on the situation at the Bathesda location. And if anyone is interested in camping out with some like minded people hit me up.
Applefanboy25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:44 PM   #33
SAIRUS
macrumors 6502

I'm contemplating to show up early, or just show up during lunch time. Being a dev, I have to test the 64 bit stuff asap.
SAIRUS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:22 PM   #34
twisdit
macrumors member

Sprint is taking preorders for the 5S. I just came back from the sprint store on the pike ( federal plaza ). You get a $50 gift card and they hold you one for friday.
twisdit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:26 PM   #35
SAIRUS
macrumors 6502

Yeah I need a GSM model (haven't decided to get a unlocked, or AT&T).
SAIRUS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:13 AM   #36
davechen
macrumors member

Hi again. Another year, another new iphone

I'm going to show up at the Bethesda Row store Friday morning. I have to drop my kids at school, so I probably won't get there until 9 am.

There've been a lot of rumors about supply issues, so I'm a bit concerned. I'm to old/lame to be camping out for these things anymore.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:10 AM   #37
sydia21
macrumors regular

I have to be to work by 10am in friendship height and have an AT&T store within walking distance but I'm worried about stock.

Ill be lined up at the Bethesda Row Apple Store at around 6am. Hopefully that's not too late for a 32GB gold. Just trust Apple's stock better.

Anyone else going to Bethesda Row?
sydia21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:32 AM   #38
bearda
macrumors 6502

Just walked past Bethesda Row this morning while getting breakfast. Nobody there yet.
bearda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:49 AM   #39
zachy85
macrumors member

I am debating between this store and the Verizon store in Bethesda. I assume the Apple Store will have more stock and more options; but the VZ store will probably be less crazy. I also need to do a cross-line upgrade and I am not sure if the Apple Store will be able to do that.
zachy85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:21 AM   #40
DizzyV6P
macrumors regular

Montgomery Mall Apple Store:

They will be opening the Mall entrance at Legal Sea Foods sometime before the 8AM Launch.

I was unable to confirm when Mall security will open the doors, but the place to be is at that entrance. You could also try the Food Court entrance, but due to construction in that area, its a risk.

In past years, they would open the doors and ask the line to follow them to the Apple Store. Apple employees will hand out tickets for the phone that you want.

I also confirmed on the phone that the Apple store will be able to do cross-line upgrades. For example, I intend to use my father-in-law's dumb phone upgrade to purchase the 5s. Once it activates, I will transfer the 5s to my line and I keep my unlimited data. Then they will reactivate the dumb phone, thereby dropping off the 2gb data plan.

See some of you tomorrow
DizzyV6P is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:10 PM   #41
SimplyLKB
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyV6P View Post
Montgomery Mall Apple Store:

They will be opening the Mall entrance at Legal Sea Foods sometime before the 8AM Launch.

I was unable to confirm when Mall security will open the doors, but the place to be is at that entrance. You could also try the Food Court entrance, but due to construction in that area, its a risk.

In past years, they would open the doors and ask the line to follow them to the Apple Store. Apple employees will hand out tickets for the phone that you want.

I also confirmed on the phone that the Apple store will be able to do cross-line upgrades. For example, I intend to use my father-in-law's dumb phone upgrade to purchase the 5s. Once it activates, I will transfer the 5s to my line and I keep my unlimited data. Then they will reactivate the dumb phone, thereby dropping off the 2gb data plan.

See some of you tomorrow
THANK YOU!! I went by the Apple store at Montgomery Mall today and talked with the very nice Apple guy standing near the door. He thought the Legal Seafoods entrance was probably the best, but told me to check with the concierge desk for the mall. Which I never did find! So, thank you - this is really helpful.

He didn't think they'll have any supply issues, but who knows how much he knows... He also looked in the computer and gave me a quote for my 32gb 4S of $204. I have a Gazelle quote that ends on Sept 23 for $215, but for that small a difference, I'm just going to swap it in at Apple (assuming the quote doesn't change between today and tomorrow.). Plus, they'll just take it off the price, rather than me having to wait for a check. (And no, I don't want to deal with CL or EBay!)

Now to figure out how early I should be there... I'm extra paranoid, because I sold my first gen iPad on my way to stand in line for the iPad 2, and then didn't get one for a week! Never going to make that mistake again!

Laura
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:37 PM   #42
DizzyV6P
macrumors regular

Ok, new update!

According to Montgomery Mall management, they are planning to open doors at 6AM!!

Apple Store will have a line queue for us in front of their store. Legal Seafood's Mall entrance is the closest location.

They DO NOT ALLOW CAMPING at the mall so if you plan to camp tonight, security will probably tell you to come back for their 6am door opening.
DizzyV6P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:42 PM   #43
SimplyLKB
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyV6P View Post
Ok, new update!

According to Montgomery Mall management, they are planning to open doors at 6AM!!

Apple Store will have a line queue for us in front of their store. Legal Seafood's Mall entrance is the closest location.

They DO NOT ALLOW CAMPING at the mall so if you plan to camp tonight, security will probably tell you to come back for their 6am door opening.
Ugh. I guess they'd consider sitting in a camp chair 'camping'? LOL! How about sitting in my car in the parking lot?

Here's the email I just got:

Dear Laura,
Thank you for contacting Westfield Montgomery. The mall doors are scheduled to open at 6am tomorrow, September 20. You may proceed from any mall entry door to form a line in front of the Apple store.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sue Backman
Customer Service
Westfield Montgomery

I'm starting to wonder if Bethesda Row would be easier... (But the parking! Yuck!)

Laura
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:57 PM   #44
lewisd25
macrumors regular

The Mall seems too risky. It will be chaos at 6am.
lewisd25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:37 PM   #45
zachy85
macrumors member

Any reports yet from Bethesda? Anyone there? Am thinking of going tonight...
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:02 PM   #46
bearda
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachy85 View Post
Any reports yet from Bethesda? Anyone there? Am thinking of going tonight...
Bethesda Row was still empty when I went to Nando's across the street for lunch.
bearda is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:23 PM   #47
zachy85
macrumors member

I have tickets to the Nats game tonight--I think I am going to go to the store right from it, so 10ish. Will try and report in as to the conditions I see!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:34 PM   #48
SimplyLKB
macrumors newbie

Thoughts on parking at Bethesda Row? It looks like the garage across the street is free from 10 pm - 7 am. So, do we all take turns going to feed our meters around 6:45 am? Are people generally cool about holding spots like that?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:46 PM   #49
sydia21
macrumors regular

I think you can use your phone to pay the meters so no leaving the line for that.
sydia21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:53 PM   #50
SimplyLKB
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydia21 View Post
I think you can use your phone to pay the meters so no leaving the line for that.
Really? Cool! I couldn't find that info on the county website.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups