Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:08 AM   #1
kemics
macrumors newbie

Lancaster, PA (Park City Apple Store)

I believe they open that wing of the mall early for iPhone buyers, but I'm planning on hitting up Starbucks for a scone and a coffee before I get my phone.
kemics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:47 AM   #2
ozzyman500
macrumors 65816

The "geniuses" in Lancaster are jerks. That's all.
ozzyman500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:14 PM   #3
kemics
macrumors newbie

really? i havent had any issue with them. I know a few of them. I wonder when park city will open for apple on that day?
kemics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 03:07 PM   #4
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemics View Post
I believe they open that wing of the mall early for iPhone buyers, but I'm planning on hitting up Starbucks for a scone and a coffee before I get my phone.
I will be there! It's over an hour drive from my house so they better have my reserved 32gb!
raven77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 05:51 PM   #5
sonosaeterno
macrumors newbie

I will be there too! I am really hoping that reserving actually "reserves" me one. How early are you guys going?
sonosaeterno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 05:58 PM   #6
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonosaeterno View Post
I will be there too! I am really hoping that reserving actually "reserves" me one. How early are you guys going?
I called today and they said they had my info and said they will hold one for me for sure as long as I get there by closing.
I live about 1.5 hours away. I planned to leave around 8 so I should be there around 9:30am
woo!
I hope I don't have to wait in line toooo long!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:58 PM   #7
playmaker2k7
macrumors newbie

Planning on getting there somewhere between 6-7am to pick up my reserved 32GB! Hearing how badly these things are getting backordered. I want to make sure I get my dam iPhone that day

Go Yankees + Packers
playmaker2k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:20 AM   #8
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k7 View Post
Planning on getting there somewhere between 6-7am to pick up my reserved 32GB! Hearing how badly these things are getting backordered. I want to make sure I get my dam iPhone that day
Your making me second guess myself.
I think maybe I will show up a little earlier also. If I don't get one I am gonna cry!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:50 AM   #9
sonosaeterno
macrumors newbie

I feel like I may get screwed by Apple on the 24th with my reservation. Yeah, they said they would have one for us as long as we get there that day to pick it up but I can bet I walk in asking for my reserved 32GB and they say something along the lines of "Sorry, we sold out, you will have to wait for a new stock to come in"..

My friend works for an Apple store in New Jersey and he said that if you reserved one and get there by 4PM to pick it up you should be fine but I think I will get there by 7 just in case.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:56 AM   #10
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonosaeterno View Post
I feel like I may get screwed by Apple on the 24th with my reservation. Yeah, they said they would have one for us as long as we get there that day to pick it up but I can bet I walk in asking for my reserved 32GB and they say something along the lines of "Sorry, we sold out, you will have to wait for a new stock to come in"..

My friend works for an Apple store in New Jersey and he said that if you reserved one and get there by 4PM to pick it up you should be fine but I think I will get there by 7 just in case.
I know what ur sayin and I agree.
I'm gonna try to get there a little earlier. Maybe for 8 I'd I can wake up!
Better safe then sorry!
See ya there!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:53 AM   #11
eldersi
macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with Park City Customer Center.... They will be opening the South BonTon entrance at 6:45 that morning. I had to chuckle to myself... I don't think they understand the scale of this event. But anyways I wanted to share.
eldersi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:29 PM   #12
sonosaeterno
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersi View Post
Just got off the phone with Park City Customer Center.... They will be opening the South BonTon entrance at 6:45 that morning. I had to chuckle to myself... I don't think they understand the scale of this event. But anyways I wanted to share.
Guess I'll be up early! See you all there
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:05 PM   #13
raven77
macrumors member

anyone here camping the night before?
Is this Apple store big? I was never there, or any other Apple store actually...
Maybe I can play with an ipad while I'm there.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:07 PM   #14
pacmantech
macrumors member

That 6:45am opening thing is funny, if true. The Park City folks have no idea. What a mess that will be when those mall doors open. Stampede! Being first in line at Park City may mean nothing at all come 6:46am, when the real line forms outside the Apple Store.

WGAL will be there, I'm sure. Camping shouldn't be a problem; I reckon there are some roofed areas near that mall entrance. Or in the tunnel leading to Long's Park! (Folks camp there every night!)

If Starbucks was smart, they would wheel a coffee cart over towards that entrance a few times in the early morning. I bet that the entrance they're opening is the one between Bon Ton and Sears, on the other side from the Starbucks store.

Would like to know who some of you are...bet I know some of you and vice versa. Neat to see a local crowd here.

Anyway, I won't be in for my non-paid online reservation until 8am or so, especially with this crazy 6:45am news. I am hoping the line dissipates by then. I have a backup plan at Best Buy in the afternoon in case. Wish I didn't have to deal with the store madness, but I couldn't get an online order through for the life of me on 6/15.
pacmantech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:05 PM   #15
Appdict
macrumors regular

This will be my first launch day event, but I won't be waiting until the store opens. I'll probably be in late-morning. Picking up my black (or possibly white) 32GB. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantech View Post
WGAL will be there, I'm sure.
I'm quite sure too. Although when they report on new Apple products - they sound so dumb explaining what they are, heh.

Last edited by Appdict; Jun 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Appdict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:30 AM   #16
eldersi
macrumors newbie

I just found out some more information from Park City... apparently they will not allow anyone on the parking lot until 5:30 that morning. Maybe I'm over estimating what to expect for the initial crowd... but I've been to all of the iPhone launches so far, all at King of Prussia, and each one got bigger and bigger. Maybe the crowd at Park City will not be as large..... hmmmmm.
eldersi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:47 AM   #17
Deadman64
macrumors 6502a

Glad to see my home county on here. I'm in Atlanta for the summer so I wont get to go to my local Apple Store in park city.
Deadman64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:55 PM   #18
playmaker2k7
macrumors newbie

CAN't WAIT!!

Go Yankees + Packers
playmaker2k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:16 AM   #19
Yebot
macrumors 6502

Should be a good party
Yebot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:05 AM   #20
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebot View Post
Should be a good party
I'll bring the drugs and booze, who's bringing the hookers?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:59 PM   #21
aurigus
macrumors newbie

Just wanted to post that I'll be there early. Didn't arrange for time off work though, that was a crucial mistake. If it looks like its going take a while I might have to bail.

Called Park City before I came here, they did say they are opening at 6:45.

Cya there!
aurigus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 03:47 PM   #22
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigus View Post
Just wanted to post that I'll be there early. Didn't arrange for time off work though, that was a crucial mistake. If it looks like its going take a while I might have to bail.

Called Park City before I came here, they did say they are opening at 6:45.

Cya there!
Your not there now are you?!?
Hopefully someone will update this thread tomorrow morning and let us know what the line looks like.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:14 PM   #23
milerich
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven77 View Post
Your not there now are you?!?
Hopefully someone will update this thread tomorrow morning and let us know what the line looks like.

I plan on getting there around 5:15am. I will inform about the line when I arrive.
milerich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:44 PM   #24
Dan1740
macrumors newbie

The Apple website says that the store will open at 7:00AM tomorrow for iPhone buyers. I'm just wondering, maybe they'll have a numbering system so that the determination of who gets an iPhone won't depend on how fast they can run to the Apple store from outside of the mall.
Dan1740 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:27 PM   #25
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milerich View Post
I plan on getting there around 5:15am. I will inform about the line when I arrive.
Thank you, that would be great!
I am over an hour away. I am going to try to leave my place around 5AM so I should be there sometime before 7 hopefully.
I was going to wait and come in later, but I decided to take off work so I can sleep later if I get tired.
thanks again!
BTW My GF got her phone today. She will probably be with me tomorrow so if anyone wants to see the new phone before we go in, let me know!

Last edited by raven77; Jun 23, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups