Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Hi, im looking for a stand for my macbook pro 13"

i have seen bookarc, so far, and i dont know if i like it. I want something that doesnt clutter up the work area, has a nice design/makes the macbook pro look great, and doesnt cause heat issues.

Ive seen henge docks aswell, but they are out of stock.

Anyone have any recomendations?

MikeyJ57

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2009
I'm not in the market for a stand for my 13" MBP, but both the M Stand and the BookArc look about as simple and non-cluttering as you can get.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
ye its difficult.

i loved the look on the mstand, i would love to look at one in real life though. no apple stores in norway has them.

1BadMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
I'm debating between BookArc and Hengedocks as well. eBay has some hengedocks, refurbed, occasionally.

BookArc is about as clutter-free as you can get??? So I'm not sure about your comment there. Unless you have a ton of cables and you are looking for something with cable management.

Xombie11

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2009
Hengedocks, totally.

What's the point of a standing dock if you have to manually connect all your cables each time you dock it? Hengedocks is automatic. :)

aigoya

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
Hengedocks, totally.

What's the point of a standing dock if you have to manually connect all your cables each time you dock it? Hengedocks is automatic. :)

First time seeing/hearing of this, looks pretty nifty. But i like to usually open up the mac for airflow/music while using my external monitor.

I vote for the mstand~

CocoaTurtle

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
Another vote for the mStand.

I purchased my mStand around 6 months ago and have been using it with my 13" White MacBook since then, almost every day with it hooked up to an external monitor. It might be an expensive purchase but its well worth it. The design its elegant and simple, looks fantastic on your desk, keeps your MacBook cool and has a whole in the back for cable management! Not to mention its outstanding build quality! Perfect!

Got my 15" i5 MacBook Pro set up on Monday and have been using that with the mStand, seems whatever size MacBook you have, it'll do a perfect job!

Also would recommend the xStand for iPhone to complement it! Both look awesome side by side!

Good Luck! :)

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Thanks for some great tips

I just orderd my mstand from the apple norwegian online store. Preety expensive though, i had to pay 120 dollars. But it's cheaper then importing it from the states

Thanks again guys, looking forward to testing it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.