Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I was just wondering, instead of talking about features like multitasking and folders in the keynote, why didn't Steve Jobs talk about any of the other 90 New features? Is there going to be a list out in the near future? I'm sure the public would like to know all the new features they are releasing.

saccento

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
New Jersey
why didn't he talk about the other 91? umm because it would've taken forever to go through the list. I just don't know what else there could be just minor upgrades

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
I was just wondering, instead of talking about features like multitasking and folders in the keynote, why didn't Steve Jobs talk about any of the other 90 New features? Is there going to be a list out in the near future? I'm sure the public would like to know all the new features they are releasing.

the keynote was geared more towards hardware which is what steve focused on so there wasnt a lot of time to demo more features.

Also these features probably arnt anything major, playlist creation is one of them, you can have more then just numbers for your iphone passcode are a few of them that wernt mentioned.

Wait for someone to post a youtube video summarizing some noticeable features

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
yeah they are really minor

theres stuff like in your email, if you get a tracking number, you can long press and select "track package"

in spotlight if you type in something, it will bring up search the web and search wikipedia

just minor stuff like that, oh yeah theres persistent WIFI like the ipad

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Yeah I was just wondering because we've already heard the hype about folders, multitasking and iBooks. I just thought maybe there were so other HUGE features that could have taken those spots. If they are just minor then that's no problem. Then again Apple does know what they are doing so I trust them :D

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
even these small features make the os better there are quite a few features they finally put in that ive been annoyed with not having for months!

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
What's persistent WIFI mean? Sorry I dont have an iPad.

assuming when you are home and you have wifi

you surf the web on your iphone and wait for it to connect to wifi, well with the new OS, your iphone will always be connected to wifi, you dont have to wait till it connects to wifi again

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
assuming when you are home and you have wifi

you surf the web on your iphone and wait for it to connect to wifi, well with the new OS, your iphone will always be connected to wifi, you dont have to wait till it connects to wifi again

This is great. I've noticed this on my iPad and, even though the battery is much larger, rarely ever catch it losing charge between uses. I'm excited for this on my phone. Anything's better than my N1. I have to go into the settings and manually connect to known networks half the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.