Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Megalobyte
macrumors 6502a

To the people who hated the new design, from the leaked photos...

Now that you have seen numerous, higher quality pictures and have a better idea of what the new design really looks like, do you still hate it?

Personally, from the leaked pics, I thought it looked pretty nice, and now that I have seen better pictures of it, I REALLY like it, but I was curious if anybody had changed their opinion now that we can see what it really looks like. I'll certainly know better once I have it in my hands, but along with the new design, it also appears to be a really beautifully made piece of hardware.

I'm very anxious to get one when I'm able. I think launch day/week is going to be considerably worse than last time, and last time was pretty bad if I remember correctly.
Megalobyte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Not only do they still hate it, they still think Apple leaked it.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:16 AM   #3
dieburnbot
macrumors 6502a

I never hated it.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:24 AM   #4
TeamDNA
Banned

i was one of thoes people who HATED it.. i was like " eww im not getting one if it looks like that"

but now i LOVE it .. i can't explain it.. but i am REALLY excited to get one
TeamDNA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:26 AM   #5
AdamA9
macrumors 6502a

People love it more when Jobs has it in his hands, rather than some reporter. He could hold a turd and some people would be tripping over themselves to own one...

I've actually changed. I thought it looked better from the leaks, and now looking at it, it looks weird, too long and square. I'm guessing when I have it in my hands my view will change though
AdamA9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:27 AM   #6
g33
macrumors 6502

id rather the 3GS design but in the same max thickness as the iPhone 4 and glass back instead of plastic, thats a winner
g33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:28 AM   #7
JCCL
macrumors 6502

I still don't really like the looks, but will be getting it, if only for Retina Display
JCCL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:29 AM   #8
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamA9 View Post
I'm guessing when I have it in my hands my view will change though
Yeah, it's one of those products that doesn't photograph well. It's like the 3rd gen Nano which looked really hideous in ads. In real life it wasn't that bad.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:33 AM   #9
Rhalliwell1
macrumors 6502a

I hated it, then it started to grow on me. Now i think it looks pretty slick!

I still prefer the first gen iPhone though. I think that was the best looking device apple has produced.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:36 AM   #10
BladesOfSteel
macrumors regular

I'm still not a fan.

Maybe it's the sides. I don't mind the seams (or whatever Jobs called them for the antennas) but the thick stainless steal just doesn't do it for me.

There is also something about the back . . . I'm torn. I like it, but I don't . . . it's weird, I can't put my finger on it, but I'm just not sold on it.

(man, I can't wait to get bashed for this)
BladesOfSteel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:41 AM   #11
mistertomlinson
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to mistertomlinson
I didn't like it at first and really hoped it wasn't the final design, but now, I too think it's pretty sleek. I do think it would be perfect if they just tapered each pane of glass along the edges to give it a little less boxiness, but I realize this would probably make the glass more prone to cracking if dropped.
mistertomlinson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:13 AM   #12
tigress666
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobyte View Post
Now that you have seen numerous, higher quality pictures and have a better idea of what the new design really looks like, do you still hate it?

Personally, from the leaked pics, I thought it looked pretty nice, and now that I have seen better pictures of it, I REALLY like it, but I was curious if anybody had changed their opinion now that we can see what it really looks like. I'll certainly know better once I have it in my hands, but along with the new design, it also appears to be a really beautifully made piece of hardware.

I'm very anxious to get one when I'm able. I think launch day/week is going to be considerably worse than last time, and last time was pretty bad if I remember correctly.

Well, the design grew on me. Except those round buttons. I guess I'll get used to those too. I still think the photoshop of it with the old rocker looked a lot better.
tigress666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:14 AM   #13
tigress666
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
Yeah, it's one of those products that doesn't photograph well. It's like the 3rd gen Nano which looked really hideous in ads. In real life it wasn't that bad.
I still prefer the 3rd gen nano's shape. I just got a 5th gen and let me tell you, the 3rd gen fits in pockets a lot better and the shape means it is smaller really (the long size of the 5th makes it a lot more awkward to fit in pockets).

I'm annoyed Apple went back to the long shape.
tigress666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:15 AM   #14
LordOBoogie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesOfSteel View Post
I'm still not a fan.

Maybe it's the sides. I don't mind the seams (or whatever Jobs called them for the antennas) but the thick stainless steal just doesn't do it for me.

There is also something about the back . . . I'm torn. I like it, but I don't . . . it's weird, I can't put my finger on it, but I'm just not sold on it.

(man, I can't wait to get bashed for this)
I don't think anyone really cares, so you'll be waiting a long time to get "bashed."
LordOBoogie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:56 AM   #15
BladesOfSteel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOBoogie View Post
I don't think anyone really cares, so you'll be waiting a long time to get "bashed."
I hope so, there are some threads where anyone who said a) they weren't going to get one or b) they weren't impressed with the new iPhone were reamed!
BladesOfSteel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:03 PM   #16
Wolfmore
macrumors member

Getting it but don't like the blockiness

I didn't like the blockiness and i think I still won't like that. I like putting my iPhone naked in my front pocket and there was a natural smoothness with the old design. I think now the blockiness will stand out and I may feel forced to just get a belt case.
Wolfmore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:05 PM   #17
Geckotek
macrumors G3

I didn't like the seams or the separate volume buttons. But never hated it, just doubted it's authenticity for the first couple of days.

But overall I do like it and I'm looking forward to owning one.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:22 PM   #18
chrmjenkins
macrumors 601

I was ambivalent and my wife did not like it. Now we both love it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone