Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickk2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
I'm trying to figure out what the current problem with my display is. On the top middle, there is a black mark that at first appears like a dead pixel(s) (perhaps 4 pixels forming a square). The first thing I tried was the 'massaging' method, which caused the dead pixels to move? It was weird, the mark vanished for a second, and then reappeared about 1/2 inch lower on the screen. At this stage, the pixels appeared to be multicolored, slightly.

The next thing I tried was some pixel unsticking methods, this caused the mark to turn gray for a while. It has since changed to black though.

I really have no idea whether it's dead pixels, stuck pixels, or perhaps just something else having to do with the screen. As well as any possible solutions to this. My mac is barely a week old, specs can be seen in my sig.

cryer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Doesn't sound like there's much you can do so if it bothers you, how about getting a replacement?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.